Chapter 8

Chapter 8

James P.O.V

(1 & 1/4 years later.....)

We have been dating for over a year now. She is amazing. She makes me so happy. I started dating Caitlyn in 9th grade. After Alex and I broke up.

(Flashback)

Everyone thought we were so perfect, but she changed. One minute we were dating and the next she was hanging out with the school bitch girls group. Then she started to dress different, and act like one of them.

I stood by her through all of that, but when I saw her kissing another guy, that was it.

She was kissing Matthew nickelson at a coffee shop. He has always been an ass to me. And to her. To everyone. And there she was kissing him. And when she saw me, her face got all red.

"Wait, James I can explain. its not what it looks like."

I snorted. "yeah right! you were making out with him. I don't want to hear what you have to say. We are done."

She looked completely shocked.

"But... James..... I didn't mean to..... its not..... I promise.... it's just..... you have to hear me out. its not what it looks like. I swear on my great grandmother's grave. I swear James. Just listen."

"Listen to you? listen to you! why the hell would I listen to you? my girlfriend who was just making out with another guy!! and don't swear on other people's graves. unless you have a reason. And you.... you don't. So I'm leaving." And I left.

(Flashback ended)

And I left. I haven't talked to Alex since. I have seen her at school. She is a mess. She wears clothes like the old Alex, but she doesn't talk to anyone. Ever.

Ever since we broke up, she has had mental break downs in the middle of class when teachers or kids start talking about certain subjects. She flips over desks, throws chairs, and that's just what I've seen from the 2 classes I have with her. She never shows her face anymore. She always wears hoods with the strings pulled tight.

She starts crying in the halls, in class, and she cries the whole lunch.

I have to sit next to her in English and she mumbles stuff and talks to herself.

I hear things like,"all my fault......big mistake....shouldn't have changed.......should have never gone.....why me?.....no chance.... so good together.... why me?...he hates me....all my fault......he hates me.....all my fault....."

what is her fault? and who hates her? I hope she's not talking about me. because she started acting like this after we broke up.

And I moved on. I have a girlfriend now. And I like her a lot. Not love, I made that mistake once.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Alex's P.O.V

All of the sudden the "cool" kids wanted to talk to me and hang out with me. I said no, but they threatened to make my life a living hell. again...

They made me dress different and even act different. and they kept that threat above me. They said I couldn't tell Anyone that I was faking. Not even James.

But one afternoon, Matthew forced me to go get coffee with him. We were talking, and he's actually not as bad as the other assholes, and then he kissed me. I tried to stop him, but I couldn't. I had my eyes open the whole time.

When I heard a familiar voice my heart sank.

I was so heartbroken. I didn't show up for school for a week. And then he got a girlfriend. That was when I really lost it. When I heard the teachers call on him, I would burst out in anger. I would even flip desks and throw tables. Once I even punched a hole in a classroom wall. Oops.

But I miss him. And he moved on. And I need to get over him. I know it's my fault. I shouldn't have gone for coffee. It's all my fault. He hates me now. James and I can never be together. My life is a mess.

I have seen him around school. But I'm sure he doesn't even notice me. Because I'm just another one of his ex's. he doesn't care about me. He never cared.

•••

I was walking to English.

I bumped into someone.

"Oh sorry...." i looked up and saw who it was. Wtf?? is this some kind of a sick joke.

"Hey what's that?" James asked pointing to my wrist. Uh oh. I kind of started to cut myself a little after we broke up.

"Nothing. Why do you care?" I questioned.

"Are you cutting yourself?!" he sounded mad.

"Maybe! why does it matter? you don't care about me!" and I knew it was true.

"I......I'm sorry. I just...."

"You just what?"

"You shouldn't do that to yourself."

"And why not?"

"Because....youretooprettytocutyourselfandnoonedeservesthatespeciallyyoualex."

"Try again with actual words this time."

He sighed. "You are too pretty to cut yourself, well every one is in their own way and no one deserves that. Just promise me you'll stop, I can't stand knowing that you're doing this to yourself."

"Why can't you stand it? it's not like you care about me anymore! you only care about Caitlyn!"

"For the record I don't only care about Caitlyn. I care about you more. I don't care about anyone else. And when I saw you kissing Matthew....."

"Wait... you still care?"

"Of course. But I can't love you Alex. You could hurt me again. I was crying for days!"

"And I have been crying for a year! how do you think that feels! being forced to hang out with people you can't stand! and going to a coffee shop with a player you don't like! and he leans in to kiss you and you try to stop him but you aren't strong enough!".

"Alex, what are you talking about?"

"That's what happened. I was threatened. They told me to hang out with them or else they would make my life a living hell again. And they forced me to act different, change my clothes, wear too much makeup, and even go to a coffee shop with Matthew. And HE kissed ME! I never liked him! I never even liked him as a friend! the only person I loved was you! and only you! and it still is you. And when you started dating Caitlyn...... I just couldn't take it anymore."

"I am so sorry. I should have heard you out. Wait..... Say that last part again."

"And I still love you."

"I still love you too. And I'm really sorry Alex, it was all my fault. None of this should've ever happened to you."

"Hey, it's okay. Everything is going to be okay now." I say as I look up at him, he smiles in response.
______________________________

They are in 10th grade now btw.

Okay. So there's chapter 8.... So vote, comment, follow, read, and yeah. Happy new year. 2014!!!