Chapter 2

(Akira's pov)

At 3 am the next morning the alarm brought me back from my death like sleep. I went to Zia's room to wake her up but as expected she was already up. "Yo! Up and ready to go?" she asked. "Nope. Still feeling dead." came my honest reply.

Well sleep or hunger it didn't matter. For this mission, both Zia and I were willing to overcome any number of hurdles. So we got dressed and by four we were all set to report to the chief's office. Gosh that old man was eccentric. Always finding some or the other fault with me. But then Zia was always there to save me from his wrath.

We knocked on the door of his office and entered. He didn't take more than five minutes to brief us and hand us the package. It was a black box the size of a Rubik's cube. To think that we would have to put our lives on the line for something like that. How amusing!

Well anyway, we made it to the airport exactly on time and boarded a flight to Taipei from where we had a connecting flight to Seoul. You'd think top secret agents in a connecting flight? Why couldn't our agency just send us to Seoul directly? That was because the chief was being a miser and still punishing me for the last mission's mistakes. So he decided to send us through economy instead of business which was available through a connecting flight only (at least that's what they told us).

Both Zia and I spent most of our flight sleeping like logs. It took us roughly six hours to reach our destination. We got off the plane and went to get our baggage. We had put the package in my black suitcase along with my other belongings. Other than that there was Zia's red suitcase and our handbags which were obviously with us the whole time.

After this we decided to have some snacks and coffee. I was finally going to get that caramel macchiato Zia had promised me.

"Ah that's refreshing.", she said as soon as she took the first sip of her hazelnut latte. She opened her laptop and started showing me the hotel where we were to meet the delegates in Seoul. A few moments later, I noticed a few suspicious characters sneaking glances at us. The chief had warned us about a third party that was after the package. I assumed that these suspicious characters were planning to lay their hands on it.

"Zia look around you."

"Yeah I noticed. Lets put our plan into action."

So, Zia closed her laptop and got ready to take the suitcase for safekeeping. At that very instant the airport announced that the security check for our next flight was now open.
"Alright Akira you head towards the security checkpoint. Meanwhile I will lose these guys and join you."

We both started off in different directions and I saw one guy follow Zia while another started following me. Within a minute, the guy following me received a phone call and I saw him leave.

So then I walked towards the checkpoint with the black suitcase safe in my hands while the bad guys followed Zia who was actually the decoy. While we were busy drinking our coffee we had made the pursuers believe that the package was in the red suitcase and not the black one, by giving all our attention to it. We had packed an actual rubik's cube in a black box similar to the package and had put it in Zia's suitcase.

As I was waiting in the queue at the checkpoint to give our baggage I kept on searching for Zia. And that is why I did not notice another person keeping a similar kind of suitcase on the conveyer belt at the same time as I did. I looked up to see a guy with orange hair and extremely sexy eyes. Wait did I just say orange hair ..and sexy eyes...what??

"Excuse me, I didn't see you there.", he said as we adjusted the suitcases to a standing position so that they could fit on the belt. And we instructed the lady at the counter to label our respective bags.

"It's okay no problem. I'm sorry too."

At this point I finally saw Zia approaching at full speed while waving at me. I waved back at her. She made it just in time to send off our suitcases. And I realized that this guy standing just behind Mr. Orange Hair was staring at Zia in a weird manner, as if he was scared of her. I wondered what she had done to make him look at her like that.