Chapter 1 (Edited)

A/N: Sorry for the wait guys. I only had the plot in mind but I wasn't sure how to start it off. Even though this chapter isn't perfect, I hope you guys could get a grasp of the main character's personality and life. I quickly put this together in two days since a lot of you were waiting for it.

-Olivia

"Welcome to your new foster home, Sierra!", my social worker, Micheal announced happily as we pulled up to the driveway of a two-story house.

"I know you don't like being in care, but at least make an effort to stay with this family for a month even", my social worker said in a serious but concerned tone.

I rolled my eyes. 'Yeah, right', I thought. I always caused trouble no matter what family he puts me in. Really, I do it on purpose, because I don't like most of the homes my worker puts me in.

Michael got out of his car and came around to open the passenger door for me. I stepped out and followed him to the front door, where he rang the doorbell. We waited for ten seconds before a middle-aged woman opened the door.

"Hello! My name is Rosa. It is so good to have you in my house, Sierra", she said in an accent. She sounded nice but there was something off by the way she said it.

"Thank you", I said nicely trying not to sound scared. Something tells me I shouldn't get on her bad side. Does she already hate me without a reason or was it because she knows about my… problem?

"Come inside and I will show you your room.", she said. I stepped inside and she put her put her arm around my me as if she already considered me her daughter.

When we passed the living room, I took a glance of a girl around ten years old watching TV. "You stay away from my daughter", she said under her breath. I felt goosebumps as I continued to follow her upstairs.

When we got to my room, I sat on the bed and set my worn-out backpack on the floor. My foster mom closed the door behind her and faced me. "You're worker told me that you cut. I don't want any of that here. You hear me?" She said with a scowl.

I stared at my foster mom in shock. How did my worker find out about it?

"Why did you decide to take me in, then?" I said gesturing to myself.

"Money's tight around here and I need it to pay the bills", she answered bluntly. "Also, Michael told me and was hoping I would help you, but I won't."

'What the fuck?' I thought.

"Just don't cut yourself anymore, okay?"

"Now. While you're here, be a good girl, cause no trouble, and do not talk or be around my daughter. I could already tell you would be a bad influence on her."

I'm thinking that her daughter is usually with her or within hearing distance from her anyways. 'Fine by me. I don't want to be around her bad attitude anyway', I thought to myself. I could barely understand what she's saying with that heavy accent of hers anyways.

"I would have been fine with a normal child, even if its parents were not ok in the head, but no, they gave me a teenager that's messed up."

"Dinner will be ready in an hour", she said without emotion as she turned to walk out of my room. "I expect you to finish every piece of food I give you. We do not waste food here."

What she said before hit me really hard. She obviously doesn't know what I've been through. What it's like to live without your parents, knowing they're in a better place than you are. Living with total strangers when the only people you want to be around with are your parents. Even though they're dead.

I felt the guilt everyday. I kept thinking I didn't love them enough or I didn't do enough to make them feel proud to have me in their lives. When it had gotten too much for me to handle, I would take it out on myself as of a way to punish myself.

This time, I want to do more than that. If that bitch doesn't want me in her life, then so be it.