Chapter 12

Demi's POV

"Of all the foster parents and couples that met me, what makes me think you'll be any different?" As she said this, I felt her eyes staring me down.

I felt like I was looking at a totally different person. Like her personality took a complete 180 degree. Just hours ago, I met a really sweet and caring girl and just a few hours later, I saw a brave girl willing to risk her young life to save mine. So, I was expecting a positive response from her.

Instead, in front of me was a girl who's about to blow up in my face if I didn't come up with a good enough answer.

But I felt her pain. From the way she said it, it broke my heart that she felt this lonely for such a long time. And that she tortured herself not only emotionally but physically too.

Now I really want her in my life. I felt like we both needed each other.

I turned to Micheal. "Can Sierra and I please have some time alone?"

I returned my gaze back to Sierra and I saw her looking away with a look of disapproval. I probably will get her more pissed off than she already was, but I wanted to know why she doesn't trust me.

"Of course Demi." He said. I smiled and watched him and Marissa leaving the room.

Not long after the door clicked closed, Sierra spoke.

"You don't have to take me in, you know?"

I whipped my head around and looked at her with concern. I turned my body back around so I could look at her properly. "Why not, sweetie?"

"You must know already don't you?" She replied threatenly.

"Which one?"

"Fuck! He told you everything?! Oh my God!" She screamed as she buried her face in her hands. Even though she's not showing it, I wouldn't be surprised if she was crying right now. I'd feel the same if I were her right now.

"Please, Sierra? Can you tell me what you didn't want me to know?"

She slowly removed her hands from her face and I saw a few teardrops escaping her eyes. "That I'm known for stealing…"

"There's something else, isn't there?" I know what's she's going to say next, but I rather she say it than me.

Sierra opened her mouth to speak but she turned her head away, scared to say the next thing on her mind. She then turned back looking at the ceiling above her and took a deep breath.

"I cut."

Silence fell for a little while, but then I broke it.

"That's alright, honey." I reassured Sierra as I placed my hand over hers.

"No it's not!" She barked at me as she snatched her hand from underneath mine. She started moving her hands in the air in frustration. "Why do you even want me? Is it because you pity me or something?" She screamed while looking disgusted.

"No. I wanted to foster you before I've even found those out."

"Then why did you?"

"Michael got a call from someone named Rosa saying she doesn't want you to stay with her anymore."

Sierra looked at one of the corners of the room's ceiling and blew her lips making a motor sound. "I wouldn't be surprised. I kind of saw it coming anyways." She said in a rude tone.

"Also…" I continued with a smile, hoping to lighten the mood. "Because I'll be taking a few months break from my career, I thought I could give you a place to stay. With me, in Toronto."

She raised an eyebrow, not looking convinced. She opened her mouth about to fire back, but I stopped her. "Wait. There's more." I added with a smile.

"I really liked what you said to me at the meet and greet, and because of you," I looked down for a second and back up meeting Sierra's waiting face. "I told someone about what's going on in my life." I said proudly. Sierra looked at me with a surprised look on her face and a smile forced its way onto her face.

"That's great, Demi."

I gave her a toothless smile.

But after talking with Sierra more, I think we both knew what she wanted.

I went out the room and told Marissa, Michael and the doctor to come back in, so Sierra could tell them her decision.

"So, Sierra", Said Micheal crossing his arms and a smile on his face. "What's your decision?"

"I'm going to stay with Demi." Sierra said matching his smile.

Author's Note

"Mistress Mary, quite contrary

How does your garden grow?

With silver bells and cockle shells,

And marigolds all in a row."

Sound familiar to you guys? If not, it's from the classic children's story, The Secret Garden. If you've never got a chance to read it, I recommend you do.

I think the message it's trying to get across is that even if a person has been in the dark for so long, it is possible to find happiness again. But even if Mary (the main character) is 10 and I'm 19, I felt a connection with her. So, I am hoping that I could get some inspiration from that story and place it into this one.

Don't worry. I'm not going to turn the story boring. I have a few things in store for the story that will surprise you guys ;).

P.S. I also read:

-Teen romance

-Demi fanfics (that one's obvious)

-Anime/Manga fanfics (don't judge me. Lol)

-Horror (especially ones with psychopaths, I don't know why)

-Paranormal

-A little Shakespeare (sometimes it's hard for me to follow the stories at times, but I still like them.)

-Classic children novels

-Fantasy (Vampire, werewolf, and other supernatural creatures)

So yeah, my tastes are like everywhere.

I know half of this A/N sounds boring and irrelevant to the story, but I wanted you guys to get to know me a little because I know other fan fic authors do it too.