Chapter Fourteen: More Lies

I went to first and second period with no incidents. I kept sitting nervously in my seat, wondering if any minute they would get on the intercom and call me down to the office. I didn't trust Blake, and there was still a chance he had told on me and Chris. I also worried about sixth period. What if I walked into the classroom and Chris wasn't there? What if he was gone? They might even fire him without telling me anything. I doubted it, but it was possible. I couldn't stop fidgeting in any of my classes. It was nerve wrecking.

On my way to third period I was bumped in the shoulder by none other than Blake.

"Hey." he greeted with a small smile.

"Hi..." I said hesitantly.

"Not backing out of the deal, are we?" he asked with a chuckle. I shook my head quickly and he smiled again.

"Good. Here's my number, just text me around eight tonight. No questions asked, but if you don't follow the directions you might find that your precious little teacher coincidentally loses his job." he said casually.

"You wouldn't." I said angrily.

"I would." he grinned. I balled my fists up as he handed me a piece of paper with his number on it. Finally, I snatched it and shoved it in my pocket, glaring at him.

"Not so fast, Alana." he said when I tried to speedily make my way around the crowd of students.

"What?" I spat.

"You'll use manners around me or the deal is off. If you don't like me, at least act like it." he threatened.

"Fine." I said in a calmer voice, making sure I made eye contact with him before I walked off towards my next class. This might be a little harder than I thought.

***

When fifth period was almost over, I pulled out my phone and texted Chris.

"Anything bad happen yet?" I asked. I held my phone out waiting for him to respond, but when he didn't I took a deep breath to calm myself and slipped my phone back into my pocket. I didn't like this at all. I knew that he was a teacher and he could just be teaching his class right now, but it still worried me.

When the bell rang I gathered my things, and when I walked into the hallway I checked my phone again. Still no response. I decided that I had to stop by Chris' room, just to make sure he was there. I had to make sure he wasn't in trouble for anything regarding me. Instead of following the crowd of students towards the cafeteria, I turned the corner and began walking to Chris' room. It was hard to make it through all of the kids that were moving in the opposite direction, and some of them gave me weird looks when they saw that I wasn't trying to go to the cafeteria. I was almost to Chris' classroom when a hand roughly grabbed my shoulder and tugged me in the opposite direction.

"Hey!" I shouted before realizing that it was Blake.

"Hello Alana." he said with a smirk as he forcefully held me close to him and kept me from running off towards where I really wanted to be.

"Going to visit your little friend? I don't think so." he said, his smile widening as I glared at him. He dragged me to the senior hallway and released my arm, letting me go to my locker and put my books away. I gave him one last glare before turning towards my locker and putting in the combination, opening it up and tossing my books inside. My phone suddenly buzzed and I nearly dropped everything as I hastily dug it out of my pocket. My heart skipped a beat when I saw it was from Chris.

"Sorry, fifth period was a rowdy bunch of kids. Nothing happened yet, but what about you? Did you get called to the office or anything? Please tell me everything's alright, this is all my fault." it said. I sighed and was about to type back when Blake appeared next to me.

"Ready?" he asked softly.

"For what?" I snapped. He raised his eyebrow at me, as if reminding me that I had to treat him nicely. I rolled my eyes and waited for him to speak.

"You're sitting with me today in the cafeteria. Not by yourself." he ordered. I groaned. How did he even know I sat alone every day? Had he seriously been watching me this whole time? Why did he want me to act like his girlfriend? I snuck a glance at Blake and shook my head.

Did Blake have a crush on me?

CHRIS POV

I sat in my classroom with my feet propped up on the desk, staring at my phone and waiting for Alana to respond. When she didn't, my heart sped up. Had she gotten in trouble instead of me? My phone suddenly buzzed, but it wasn't Alana. It was a call from Angie. I sighed and brought my phone up to my ear.

"Hey baby." I greeted casually, still worrying about Alana.

"Hey. You know you left some of your papers at home." she said through the phone. I quickly looked at my desk and realized that some of the things I needed for next period were missing.

"Shit. Can you drop them off?" I pleaded. It was silent for a moment and then she sighed.

"Chris, I'm really sorry. I just woke up and it'll take a while to get ready since I have to go to work soon. Do you have time to pick them up?" she wondered. I looked at my watch and saw that lunch had just started. I had about forty-five minutes, so I should be able to pick up the papers in plenty of time.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a few." I said, already getting up and grabbing my keys from the desk.

"Okay baby. I love you." she said, about to hang up. For some reason, I hesitated before shaking out of my small trance.

"I love you too." I said, hanging up the phone and putting it back in my pocket. The first five minutes of lunch had already passed and Alana still hadn't responded. I grew more worried and then slipped on my jacket, heading out of the classroom. I decided I would just take a glance in the cafeteria before leaving, just to make sure Alana was there.

ALANA POV

I really wanted to text Chris back, but Blake was sitting next to me, practically breathing down my neck. I couldn't do anything with him staring, so I finally got an idea.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I announced.

"Okay." he said absentmindedly, turning back to his lunch and not giving me a second glance. I quickly got up and ran out of the cafeteria, stopping abruptly when I smacked into a hard chest.

"Ow." I said weakly, rubbing my head. Two hands gripped my shoulders to steady me and I heard a deep chuckle.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked. I looked up and saw Chris, and I smiled nervously.

"Um. I was gonna go to the bathroom." I said, not wanting to tell him that I was running away from Blake so I could text him.

"Why didn't you respond to my text?" he asked in a scolding tone.

"I-I didn't realize you responded to my first text. My phone's on silent." I said. I felt his hand creeping into the pocket of my pants and before I knew it my phone was in his hand.

"Hm. It looks like you've already read it. And your phone isn't on silent." he said suspiciously. I blushed in embarrassment and then he handed me my phone.

"Sorry. I was actually leaving the cafeteria so I could text you in private." I mumbled.

"Oh." he said. I nodded.

"Why didn't you tell me that the first time?" he complained. I just shrugged and he continued to stare at me with his piercing brown eyes. I knew he could tell I was lying.

"Where are you going?" I asked, changing the subject when I noticed he had his jacket on and his keys were in his hand.

"Back home. I left some papers for sixth period." he explained.

"Oh." I said.

"Yeah. I'll be back in time for class. Bye Lana." he said. I saw him look around before making sure the hallway was empty, and then he wrapped me in a hug, planting a kiss on my forehead before he broke away and walked out the door. I just stood there, staring at him until he rounded the corner to the parking lot and disappeared from view. I let out a deep breath and turned around, prepared to go into the cafeteria when my phone buzzed. I pulled it out and saw it was from Chris.

"I can read you like a book Lana. Next time, don't lie to me." My heart skipped a beat and I pocketed my phone. He was right. He could see right through me. How was I going to keep Blake a secret from him? He would know something was up. I couldn't do this. I shook my head and walked back to the cafeteria, taking my seat next to Blake. He was talking across the table to one of his friends, but when he saw me he stopped.

"What took you so long?" he asked with a chuckle. I just shrugged and he stared at me for a few more seconds before he turned away. I sighed and looked down at my lap. I think it was safe to say that I hated Blake. If he wanted me to be his girlfriend or something, he was out of luck. I wanted Chris. I would always want Chris, not him.

____________________
A/N sorry I haven't updated in a while. My whole family is sick and I think I'm getting sick too Dx