iii. in which they tease

CHAPTER IIIIN WHICH THEY TEASE !

CHAPTER III
IN WHICH THEY TEASE !

October 20 1969 ;

          LILLY SITS ON TOP OF THE DX COUNTER, flipping through a magazine as she swings her feet back and forth. She watches multiple girls come in and out, attempting to flirt with Sodapop and occasionally Steve, but neither acknowledge them.

"Are you going to buy something?" Steve asks her at one point.

"Uh, no," Lilly laughs.

"You're still coming home with me for dinner, right?" Sodapop asks, joining her on the counter.

"Yes, Sodapop, the answer was yes five minutes ago and it's still yes as of right now," Lilly says looking over at him and he gives her one of his famous smiles.

She nudges him with her shoulder and continues flipping through an old magazine, Lilly looks over to see Sodapop staring at her.

"Need something?" She asks him and he just grins and shakes his head.

"Nope."

Sodapop approaches Lilly at the end of his shift and holds out his arm, she jumps off the counter and links her arm to his, the pair walking out of the DX.

"It'll probably be very loud," Sodapop warns her as they get into her car, "There will be at least seven guys, six if Dally ditches."

Lilly waves her hand, brushing it off, "Can't be any worse than my family."

Sodapop laughs nervously and starts the car, Lilly turns on the radio and hums along with the familiar Bob Dylan song.

Soda pulls up to the familiar house and parks the car, rushing over to Lilly's side to help her out.

"Nervous?" Sodapop asks her.

"No," She says, "I'm buzzed."

"What?" Soda asks opening the small gate.

"Kidding," Lilly says, "I'm completely and totally sober."

Sodapop laughs and takes her hand opening the door to the house and cringing when hollering could be heard. Lilly grins and follows him inside.

She see's two boys wrestling on the floor, one cheering them on and two other boys sitting on the couch watching as an older man yells at them to cut it out. Sodapop clears his throat, but they ignore him.