ii. in which they go out for lunch

CHAPTER IIIN WHICH THEY GO OUT FOR LUNCH !

CHAPTER II
IN WHICH THEY GO OUT FOR LUNCH !

October 16 1969 ;

                LILLY COULDN'T HELP HERSELF AS SHE
pulled into the DX the next day, something about the boy who worked there had caught her attention. Lilly got out of her car and sure enough Sodapop was standing by the door, ready to fill the tank.

"Well, hello Lilly," Sodapop greets as he fills the cars gas tank.

"Hello, Sodapop," She greets, leaning against her car.

"My shift is over in a few, want to grab a bite to eat?"

"Yeah sure," Lilly says happily, "I'm driving."

"Absolutely not," Sodapop says, "You're new around here, I can show ya 'round."

Lilly pushes her hair behind her ears before tossing him the keys, "Not a scratch," She warns him and climbs into the car, Sodapop following.

They sit in silence, but neither minded, it wasn't awkward or weird; it was a good silence. Lilly noticed he was kind of a reckless driver, which terrified her to no end as he barely made it around corners and was almost always about to hit the bumper of someone's car.

Soda pulls into a small restaurant parking lot and climbs out of the car, running to Lilly's side and opening the door, holding out his hand.

"Not a scratch," He says as she takes his hand, she hums and takes the keys,

"I'm driving next," She tells him as he leads her into the restaurant, still holding each others hands, neither really caring.

Soda pulls her into an empty booth and they sit across from each other, Lilly places her elbows against the table, resting her cheek on the palm of her hand.

"Favorite color?" Sodapop asks randomly.

"Blue," Lilly replies.

"Mm, thought'd be green," Sodapop says.

"Why?"

"Because of the mary jane," Sodapop laughs and Lilly rolls her eyes,

"I'm not a stoner!" She says, scandalized.

"Well, then you are a liar," Sodapop says and Lilly reaches over to hit his shoulder but a waitress comes over.

"May I take your order?"

"We would like two burgers, two chocolate milkshakes and large serving of fries," Soda responds.