x. in which this is the end

CHAPTER XIN WHICH THIS IS THE END !

CHAPTER X
IN WHICH THIS IS THE END !

December 1 1969 ;

                      LILLY CLUNG TO SODAPOP THE NEXT
morning, not wanting him to leave, she pressed small kisses all over his face.

"What're you doing?" Sodapop asks, opening one eye to look at her. She shrugs and he returns the favor of pressing small kisses on her face.

"Soda, you up and moving?" The familiar voice of Steve calls, entering the room and the couple quickly pulls the sheets further up, "Of course not."

Sodapop gets up slowly, leaning back down and kissing Lilly's forehead, before heading to the bathroom. Lilly then got up, grabbing her clothes and going to the bathroom to brush her teeth and change.

"Lilly, that you?" Sodapop asks.

"Yeah," She responds brushing out her hair.

"Can you hand me that towel?" He asks and she grabs it off the sink, handing it over to him.

"Are you sure you don't wanna go to Mexico, I know a guy," Lilly says as she sits on the countertop, watching as Sodapop grabs his shirt.

"Lilly," Sodapop says pressing a kiss to her forehead, "I'm going."

Lilly sighs and exits the restroom, going to the kitchen for breakfast.

"Sodapop up?" Darry asks handing her a plate of eggs, she nods, "We'll be okay," He says kissing the top of her head.

"I know," Lilly responds.

"You know what?" Sodapop asks sitting by Lilly.

"Nothing."

"Stop crying," Sodapop says hugging Lilly tighter, "You'll make me cry!"

"Sorry," Lilly cries, Sodapop wipes away stray tears from her cheeks, kissing her forehead.

Sodapop turns and hugs his brothers.

"We'll miss ya," Ponyboy says, forcing back tears.

Lilly turns and says goodbye to Steve, "Stay safe," She whispers, "Keep each other safe."

"I will," Steve responds, "We will."

"Alright, Soda," Steve begins pulling away from Lilly's grasp, "We gotta go."

Sodapop hugs Lilly once more, "I love you," He whispers.

"I love you too," Lilly responds, kissing him one last time before he and Steve leave. "Don't forget to write!"

Lilly wipes her eyes as Darry pulls her into a hug, "They'll be fine."

"I hope so," She sighs.

so i'm publishing a sequel sometime (not sure when) it's called Letters.