iv. in which it's death by exercise

CHAPTER IVIN WHICH IT'S DEATH BY EXERCISE !

CHAPTER IV
IN WHICH IT'S DEATH BY EXERCISE !

November 1 1969 ;

          "THROW HARDER!" SODAPOP YELLS AT HER
and she groans, throwing the football once more.

"Was that good?" She asks him and he shakes his head, she groans as he throws it back and she misses the catch.

"Can't we do something else?" She asks tossing it back to him.

"Quitter?" He says and she frowns.

"No!"

"But you're going to quit playing football because you can't throw," Sodapop says and Lilly sighs.

"Am not!" She shouts.

"Quitter," Sodapop says and she rushes towards him, trying to pull the football from his grasp,

"Gimme."

"Quitter," He says trying to push her off.

"Sodapop Curtis," She says standing straight and holding out her hands, batting her eyelashes, "Gimme."

"No," He says turning around and she groans, jumping onto his back,

"I'm going to trample you in this game of football!" She says reaching for the ball.

"Steve! Catch!" Sodapop shouts tossing the ball to his best friend.

Lilly groans and runs over to Steve, who passes it back to Soda and she glares at both of them.

"I am not chasing you two back and forth!" She shouts and Sodapop throws the ball and she catches it.

"I caught it!" She shouts excitedly, she throws it back to Sodapop but it falls halfway.

Sodapop and Steve both laugh before tossing the ball to her again, she throws it as hard as it can watching as it curves the other way and hits Darry before he can catch it.

"Sorry!" She tells him and he tosses it back and she flinches as it almost makes contact with her face, "It's okay, I've accepted my death."

She lies on the grass, Sodapop and Steve laying on either side of her.

"That is the most physical activity I have done in a long time," Lilly says.