Chapter Three

Clarke

                 I step into my family unit, closing the door and sliding to the floor. I wrap my arms around my legs and rest my chin on my knees. I sit for a moment, the memories of Bellamy's smile come flashing in my mind. Bellamy. His name was even better than I had imagined. It flowed off my tongue like an angel singing. He is an angel, I thought to myself. I lifted my head and rested it against the door, a smile crept up on my face. Bellamy, would surely be the death of me. I sighed. Footsteps coming toward me broke my trance.

           "Clarke," My mom sighed, looking slightly angry. "You're home. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!" She yelled. I longed to be back with Bellamy in the room with all those paintings.

         "I was at tutor training." I said simply. She looked at me confused. "My teacher, Mr Blake, wants me to help him teach the class." I raised an eyebrow as I spoke.

      "At this hour!" She yelled. I nodded.

     "I'm the only one in training, so lessons don't finish until we cover the lesson and I understand them." I start to head back to my room when she grabs my wrist.

      "Clarke, you're just a kid, I don't like that you are spending all this time with a man and no one is there to supervise." She says keeping a hold on my wrist. I pull away.

     "I'm not a baby, I can handle myself. And Bel-. Mr Blake would never hurt me, He's my teacher." My heart shattered, He's your teacher. That's exactly why you can't be spending all this time alone with him, not because he'll hurt you. I stepped back and ran to my room, closing the door behind me. I emptied my bag the paint Bellamy gave me being the first thing to fall out. I grabbed my sketchbook and began the draw the outlines of Bellamy's face.

       Every detail on his face was included, from his freckles to his scar above his lip to his small chin dimple. Once I was sure I captured every detail of his angelic beauty, I began to paint. He wanted something nice, I gave him something beautiful.

                                                     ***********************************

       I wake up, wiping the hair from my face. Checking the clock I realized it was about 10:00. It was the weekend so I had no need to be up but I figured I would paint some more. Last night I hadn't quite finished painting the portrait of Bellamy, but I just began to sketch. Before I realized what I was doing, I was drawing a sketch of me standing before a man. He had muscular arms and had slim but tall features. The more I drew of the man, the more I began to recognize of him. I was drawing Bellamy.

      He had a hand on my cheek and was leaned in

      He had a hand on my cheek and was leaned in. There were inches between us, centimeters even. If I tried hard enough I swear I could feel him breathing on my lips. I ripped the page out of my book scrunching it up and tossing it in the disposal. I couldn't think like that. He's my teacher. I reminded myself for the millionth time. I layed back on my floor, letting out a sigh. I was never going to stop thinking about what would could have been if I was only a little bit older.

                                                     *************************************

            Bellamy (After he dropped her off at home)

           I open the door to my living quarters, setting my bag down when I stepped in. My mother, Aurora Blake, sits at the kitchen table sewing together a sweater. She looks up at me smiling.

          "Hey mister. How was work?" She says as I walk over and kiss her on the cheek. I smile, shrugging my shoulders.

         "It was good." I say trying to lie. I feel a push on my shoulder.

         "Oh, come on Bell, just tell us. What you say inside these walls, don't leave these walls. I can't leave this place so I won't tell no one and mom has no friends." Octavia says from behind me.

        "Mind yourself Octavia Blake." My mom says, then looks at me. "Come on Bellamy, just tell us." I frown taking a seat at the table.

        "I'm 21 and I still have to tell my mom and sister every detail about my day." I say half only joking.

       "Maybe you when you get married, we'll discuss you moving out." My mom says ruffling my hair.

       "Yah that's if he ever find someone who actually loves him." Octavia announces taking a seat. I stand up and toss her over my shoulder.

      "You take that back." I say dangling her in the air. She starts laughing.

      "No can do big brother." She says while squirming in my hands. She was extremely light for a 15 year old. My mother sighs and then begins laughing with us.

     "Hun, put her down and come tell us about your day." Says my mom, now eager to hear about my day. I place Octavia on the floor, pretending to drop her, just before I do. She punches me in the chest and then goes to sit down. With her small fist it felt more like a tap.

       I told them about work and then I began to tell them about Clarke. Octavias face lit up when I did, but my mother looked nauseous. When I finished my mother spoke up.

      "Bellamy, you know that teachers first names must stay classified. It's the law." She looked at me, anger rising in her facial expression.

      "It's a dumb law, why is it a law? It's just my name." I looked at her and she shook her head. "She won't tell anyone, mom." She rose her voice and Octavia looked scared.

    "You can't just break the law because its dumb, BELLAMY!!!!!" Anger rose up in me.

    "I told her my NAME, mom!!! It's not like I had an second CHILD!!!" I yelled back.

    "I'm trying to do what's best for you Bellamy!!!" She yelled.

    "Yah because, harboring and abetting a CRIMINAL is what's best for me!" I yelled at her pointing to Octavia. Octavia's eyes welled up. I began to walk out.

       "Do you love her?" My mother asked.

       "Of course I love Octavia-" I began.

        "Not Octavia," She said, pausing to look at her weeping daughter. "I mean Clarke." I stared at my feet and bit my lip. "Bellamy you can't be serious."

       I looked up, staring Octavia straight in the eye. "I'm sorry O. I just need time to think." Then I closed the door, on the only people in this entire universe who loved me.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Do you guys like the picture things or not????? Let me know, new chapter will be up soon!!!!!