Chapter Twenty-One

Bellamy was beyond furious. The whole class had their jaws dropped, but Bellamy knew Clarke was capable of such out breaks. He thought back to the time she slapped him across his face in the library. He missed her so much. Missed how much she cared. Missed everything about the way she would listen to him when he needed to vent. He missed her pink lips and her soft neck. He missed the way she would cuddle up to him when her unit was empty. He missed laying with her in her bed, pampering kisses all over her body. Her body that she'd given to him out of love and trust. He bit his lip, willing his tears to retreat. The room was absolutely silent. Then Murphy decided to break the silence. 

       "Huh, guess she didn't want to be in the same room with her rapist." Bellamy was scared that if he were to react then he might send the boy to Med-Bay. Murphy huffed out a sort of laugh. "Well, I guess I'll just go after her. I'd be down for a hot blonde and vulnerable girls are the easy ones."

     When he stood up, Bellamy had tolerated enough of his talk. He strode forward, aware that 30 other students had eyes on him, he didn't stop until he was inches away from Murphy's face. Bellamy towered over him like a skyscraper next to an apartment complex. "If you even lay a finger on her-"

     "What? What are you gonna do? Kill me? You think you gotta a claim on her? I might as well just go tell the council right now. With you out of the way, I get her all to myself, Mr. Blake." Bellamy was trying so hard not to tackle the boy. "Is that what she calls you in bed? Oh Mr. Blake! Oh my God Mr. Blake!"

     Murphy pretended to moan like a girl and then he began to laugh. "Nah, I doubt she would moan for you. You don't look like you have much." Murphy held up his fingers and pinched them, making a small gap to mock him. "She needs a real man to please her."

      Bellamy snapped grabbing Murphy by the collar and slamming him against the wall. He heard some students scream. Then he started throwing fists. One in Murphy's stomach, another in his face. Then another in his face. He only broke out of it when he thought of her. Her soft "sir" she had said no more than 15 minutes ago. He dropped the boy on the floor, hard. Then he spoke up, "Class dismissed."

      He heard his voice waver. He grabbed his bag from the front of the class and stormed out of the room before anyone even made a single movement. He just kept walking. His mind was cloudy and he needed a drink. He needed a distraction. He wanted her so bad. When finally got home to his unit, he opened the door and stormed to his room so fast that he missed one very important detail. No body was home

      He thumped onto his bed, releasing a long sigh. Then he realized the stillness all around him. The lack of his little sister's pattering feet against the cold metal floors. He jolted out of the stiff cot. "Octavia."

      His voice rumbled through the empty unit. He ran out of his room. The table his mother sewed at was empty. Her thread and needles scattered over the table. Octavia's bear was gone. He ran a hand through his wild curls and tugged vigorously.  "Octavia!"

      He was on the verge of screaming. His throat felt like sand paper and he felt the air begin to thicken. He ripped the panel off the floor. Empty. Octavia's hiding place was empty. They took her. They took her and they took Aurora. Bellamy stormed out the door, slamming it behind him. He caught the eye of his neighbors, who looked at him with terror and confusion. He charged down the grim hallway. He saw Miller standing at his post. Bellamy remembered he had to be at his own post in an hour or two. He grabbed Miller by the shoulders. The younger boys eyes went wide.

     "She's gone. She's gone. I can't find her," Bellamy rambled on in his panicked tone. He looked around frantically for his younger sibling. Miller was frightened.