Chapter 8: Party's POV

I'm nervous for her. I don't know why she freaked out like that. I was alone in my room, playing with Kid's old boom box. Not knowing I was doing, I tried to get into a station.

The static was in the background with my thoughts.

I can't stop thinking about her.

Shut up you don't like her.

Yes you do. Stop lying to yourself. You love her.

Yes, I love her.

I love her.

What sounded like static turned into words.

"Party Poison."

"I know it's you."

I looked at the box carefully. I don't know who this voice belongs too, but I know their from B.L.I., and sounded like a woman. Curiosity got the better of me, so I left it on.

"Here's the deal, you give us the Kid or Quinn. And we'll leave you alone. And if you don't bring either one of them in five days, we will find you, and kill you."

I was taken aback by their instructions.

The static kept going, "Five days. Or you're dead."

The voice changed to a male's voice."I know you're not giving us the Kid. So give us Quinn. Make her trust you, get her on your side. Make her love you. Do what ever you have to do."

"Five days."

The static calmed down, and then returned to a silence.

What if that wasn't them?

Was that really B.L.I.?

Should I?

I shake these thoughts out of my head and I walk to the roof. It was about midnight, the cold desert wind hit my face causing me to send chills down my spine. I sit down and I let my lower legs dangle off the side of the diner. Battery City was brightly lit, the only light source in the desert.

I heard light footsteps behind me, and I turned around to see Harley sitting next to me.

"Can't sleep?" I asked.

She shook her head in response. Her head was down, but I could tell that she was crying.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I asked.

She looked up at me, "Well... if you wanted honesty that's all you had to say."

That would be a good line in a song. I thought

"Come here." I held my arm out, so I can put my arm around her. She seemed hesitant at first, but then snuggled into my side and started to cry.

"Hey, hey, hey. It's okay." I try to comfort her. "Do you wanna talk about it?"

She nodded. "I-I had this nightmare." She hiccuped, but then continued. "I-I-I was back in B.L.I., and he was there; he was back-"

She sobbed more into my side. "Who?"

"J-Jack. H-he was my boyfriend. He abused me, b-beat me mentally and physically. He e-e-embarrassed me. S-so much."

"I-I'm so sorry." I didn't know how broken she was. I could feel myself growing more and more guilty.

She sniffled, "I-Its okay. Y-you didn't know." Harley wiped more tears away, and mumbled something, "You don't know the half of the abuse."

"Anyway." Harley resumed. "I was back, in one of the rooms, and I was handcuffed to something. T-they just kept drugging me. So many drugs. Next thing I knew he came in. Beat me, whipped me, abused me. The he started to take my clothes off and then-then-"

I pulled her into a hug before she can continue and she just cried harder.

"You don't have to continue." I said. "It was just a dream."

"But it felt so real." She cried.

"But you're here now, and there is no way in hell that he is going to get your hands on you; as long as I'm here."

She pulled apart from me, "Thank you, Party. It really means a lot to me."

"You're welcome. He doesn't deserve such a smart, brave, badass, beautiful girl such as yourself." I said as I felt the words glide off my tongue.

She looked up at me, with her makeup smeared eyes. "Will you stay with me?"

I grabbed her hand and intertwined our fingers together. "Until the end."

"Always?"

"Always."

My hand went to her cheek to wipe the tears away. "Don't cry, because life's too short for so much sorrow."

I closed the gap between us, and our lips touched. It was slow, yet passionate and I'm enjoying every second of it. My hands found my way to her waist, and hers around my neck.

What am I getting myself into.

It's called love, Poison.

Love; the most powerful force of all. And the most dangerous.

But little did I know...

Hey guys! Here's another chapter :) just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS OR HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! Hope you guys have a great holiday. I'll see you guys next year (haha lol, jk😂)