Noelle

"Love of mine, some day you will die
But I'll be close behind
I'll follow you into the dark"

-Death Cab for Cutie, "I Will Follow You Into the Dark"

I stared at my leg, elevated in its hard cast, stretching from my toes to my knee. According to the doctor that smelled of butterscotch, it was broken in multiple places, and would take a while to heal. That was all fine by me, considering I didn't have any hot dates in the near future.

You know, unless you count my meeting with the suicide recovery club.

That probably wouldn't go well, since I could say that I had solidly failed at the whole 'don't kill yourself' thing. I wondered whether they would ask what happened to my leg, or why there was bruising on my arm where the IV was. Would I have to tell the teacher that I jumped off a bridge? Would I have to tell him that Theo tried to stop me?

I wondered whether my parents would make me go back to the club at all.

I wondered whether I could get some macaroni and cheese in a place like this.

I glanced at my nightstand, hoping to see some sort of food (or macaroni and cheese), but the surface was empty. I was about to look away again when I saw a piece of paper sitting on its surface.

I reached out for it, clasping the folded up paper in my hand. I slowly unfolded it, reading the few simple words on its surface.

"I will follow you into the dark."