Cold

Fire.

There was fire everywhere. People had begun to lock themselves indoors to avoid what they thought was a disease, like the plague, but they didn't know it was so much more than that. They didn't know it was really an army of rogue vampires infecting humans with the vampiric gene at every chance they could get, and now that the 'Dark Prince' had stepped up, they had to act fast. They were doing it by force now.

They were burning buildings, and homes, and stores; they were burning any building in their way to drive people out, and then they would make their move.

Andy was sitting up at the Hollywood sign, which was once large and proud, but was now dirty, broken, and collapsed. It was funny what could happen in a few short days.

Even still, Andy could feel the stinging warmth of the flames that emitted an almost sinister looking smoke, blanketing the Hollywood sky so the sun was nothing more than a dull orb behind the clouds of grey and black. 

Was there screaming, too? Or was that all in his head? 

At this point, Andy had difficulty differentiating reality from the tricks his mind liked to play on him. That was really something, wasn't it? Being unaware of your own thoughts and letting them get the best of you when you least expect it? 

"Shut up..." Andy looked out at the burning horizon with tears glazing over his bright purple iris'. "Just... Just shut up..." He was speaking to no one in particular. Actually, there was no one to speak to. He was all alone, all by himself. The vampire race had won, and for those who were too weak, the venom attacked their body from the inside as if it were an infection. It started as cold sweats and dizziness, and progressed gradually. Most died within 48 hours, and some were miraculously able to fight it off and survive. Andy wasn't sure if that was something to celebrate or not. Sure, survival is always a good thing, but is it really all that good when this was the world they had to look forward to? To survive in?

A world of chaos and blood-lust, not a single moment of daylight in the future, and nights darker and more disturbing than your worst nightmares. A world where the dominating race is that of blood-thirsty creatures driving the humans into hiding, slavery, and to their deaths.

It was horror everywhere you looked. This was no world to live in, it was lacking of love and joy. Andy wanted nothing of it.

"Andy, what the hell are you doing?!" The voice echoed in Andy's head suddenly, causing him to flinch back and clutch his head as an excruciating pain seared through his skull. The image of Ashley standing and staring, utter horror and disgust upon his features, soon shifted to that of Andy, who stood above a lifeless body, fresh blood dripping from  his chin and staining his grey tee shirt, and eyes glowing a menacing red. The memory of what had happened only days before flashed in Andy's mind, vivid and detailed, almost like he were involuntarily watching a movie.

"Tell me you didn't... No, Andy, you didn't. Please tell me you didn't."

Andy didn't lift his eyes to face Ashley, for he knew what he'd see. "I'm sorry."

"I can't..." Ashley ran his hands through his hair. 

"Forget about it." Andy said suddenly, wiping his chin of the blood. 

"Andy-"
"I said forget."

And Ashley did. He forgot.

But he forgot more than Andy wanted him to.

Andy would never forget watching Ashley suddenly collapsing to the pavement of the empty parking lot. He would never forget moving him to sit against a concrete base of a lamp post and waiting for him to wake. He would never forget the blank look on Ashley's face when he finally opened his brown eyes, the look of confusion. 

Andy would never forget hearing the question, 'who are you?' fall from the lips of his once lover. 

He remembered in great detail every millisecond of the heartbreaking encounter, but maybe it was for the best. Maybe it was good that Andy left Ashley without explanation, not bothering to fix what he had so terribly broken. 

It was best that Ashley didn't remember anything about Andy. Andy had done nothing but worry Ashley, and now Ashley had nothing to worry about. But ever since it happened, Andy had denied himself any source of feeding, but that also meant Andy didn't have the strength to continue fighting. 

He gave up. He surrendered, basically. What was the point of fighting anymore? 

Andy sat on the ground and lifted his head again, looking out at the destruction that had occurred. The fires had died down a bit by now, but there was still the awful screeches echoing above the chaos surrounding him. 

"Tsk tsk..." 

Andy looked to his right and saw a familiar figure, with a sickening smug smirk plastered on his face. 

"The world is falling victim to our kind, Andrew... And look at you. The Prince of Darkness gone in hiding, depriving himself of what he needs to survive." 

It was none other than Jared, the bastard that had caused this whole thing in the first place.

"Get the hell away from me." Andy rasped, voice weak and broken. It actually hurt him physically to speak at this point. He had deprived himself from a single drop of blood besides his own, and that made him sick. It got to the point where it made him hungrier to taste his own blood, but Andy refused to kill anyone ever again. Even if it killed him.

"Or... Don't tell me." Jared chuckled, kneeling to his level. "Are you trying to die? Andrew... Bud, c'mon! This is your world now. You can go and drink whatever... and whoever you want. Just say the word, and this whole world will be bowing to your will. You are the royal blood, after all."
Andy looked up at him, his eyes still glowing purple but they were a dull lilac color, drained and lacking energy. 

Andy's dry and chapped lips tugged back as he let out a low, gravelly, venomous snarl. 

"I'd rather you kill me first." 

A/N: sorry for not updating for like two months. I've had some personal issues going on and I've not had the motivation, energy, or time. Lots of stress with classes piled upon family issues and emotional issues has really worn me out. I'm not gonna promise any regular updates after this, it may be a while. Just felt like I owed you guys something. Sorry if this chapter was confusing, but I needed to take a major break from studying for finals and wrote this all out so yeah. ilyguys.