Chapter 23- Beginning of the End

It's going to be a happy ending, right?

Yang couldn't shake the feeling that something wasn't right. Being the protective person she is, she decided to go back and check on her teammate. She just needed to be sure she was safe. Quickly, Yang began making her way back to Blake's room. She got back on the elevator and waited impatiently for it to finally reach the correct floor. The blonde sprinted down the hallway and saw that the guard had been knocked out. Her hands were shaking as she opened the door to the room as quietly as she could. The girl's heart stopped when she stepped inside. The woman who had kidnapped Blake months ago was in there. She had Blake pinned against the wall by her neck, but Yang hadn't noticed that; she only saw the woman pressing Blake against the wall and she wasn't fighting back. Then, the woman pressed her lips against Blake's; rage built up in the blonde. Yang's semblance activated and she launched herself at the woman, her anger was out of control. Flames danced around her as her fist came in contact with the woman who had noticed Yang a little too late. The woman flew back and Blake dropped to the ground, gasping for air. Yang looked back and forth between her partner and the woman in the red dress before deciding to grab Blake and run.

The blonde didn't even look at her terrified partner as she sprinted down the hall, carrying her. She was too angry about what she had just witnessed, but even though she was mad she couldn't let anything bad happen to her partner. She had sworn to Blake that she trusted her and she was going to listen to her partner's side of the story before accusing her of anything. Before she confronted Blake, she'd need to get them somewhere safe.

"Yang, I-"

"Shut up, we'll talk later," Yang said, cutting off her partner. Her eyes were a burning red as she ran. She heard the he click of heels behind her and knew that the woman was following the. She bit her lip and sped up, wishing she had her scroll with her so she could call for backup. Once she arrived at the elevator she slammed her fist on the button and looked over shoulder, the woman wasn't far behind. The woman's grinning face was the last thing she saw before being thrown back into the elevator door and dropping Blake.