Ride

I have been trying to be on the good side at work. I don't want to give them another reason to keep me away from what I love doing.

         I am currently at work and I am annoyed with my case. It feels like they gave me a hard case just so I could be sent on a leave of absence again.

         I heard a knock at my office door. I shut my eyes taking a deep breath.

       "Come in!" I called out. I was really hoping it was Mel or someone I knew personally because if it was any of my coworkers, I might lose it.

        "Hi Tesoro," Rafael walked through the door.

          "Hey. You're here, what are you doing here?" I got up and hugged him. He pulled me close.

       "I came to see my favorite person," he kissed me.

        "Oh yeah? You came all this way to see me? How thoughtful of you," I smiled.

        "I missed you. I was bored and I didn't want to have lunch with Olivia and the squad. I just wanted to see my beautiful girlfriend and I brought her food. I also thought I would check in on you and see how your week was going. I know it's your first week back."

        "Oh well thank you. I really appreciate that," I cleared off my desk so we could eat.

        "So how has it been so far. Are you happy to be back at work?" He sat down across from me.

       "Do you really want me to answer that question?" I chucked wanting to cry.

       "Why do you look like you're about to cry? What's wrong?" He came over to me.

       "I just feel like they want me to fail. It's like they are giving me all these things that no one else would take because they want me to lose my job." I leaned against him.

        "I'm sure that's not true Amour. I'm sure they just want someone who they think can handle the case on it. I don't think anyone wants you to fail."

        "I think you did the first month I worked with you," I chuckled softly.

        "That's is a little true. I didn't want you to fail... maybe just not do as well as everyone expected. But no I don't want you to fail, I want you to thrive. I always want you to thrive. What do you say we eat, and work on this together? I've got some spare time," he rubbed my back.

         "Have I told you I love you lately?" I smiled.

        "Yeah but it doesn't hurt to hear it more than once," he pulled up a chair next to me.

         "I love you a lot. I'm so lucky I have you. I don't see myself with anyone but you. I haven't talked to Claire, but I have no idea what's she's going to say," I sighed.

        "I'm sorry to say, but she's probably going to defend your dad. I don't know what to do in this situation."  He looked puzzled.

        "You're cute when you are confused." I giggled.

        "Huh, that must be a very rare thing for you to see," he smirked.

       "You're a cocky bastard," I laughed.

        "My cock likes you, so what does that mean?" He grinned.

        "That you're a dick and all you think with is your dick," I giggled and leaned into kiss him.