Mehandi

She was sitting on the parapet watching the decorator guys wrapping the whole bhalla mansion in her favourite fairy-lights and raman's favourite orchids, which were specially brought from Singapore.

Who doesnot know Raman kumar bhalla? he is the man for whom every spinstar went gaga over. 5'8 inch tall, wheatish complexion, sharp chiseled features, prefect V shapped physique and to top it all, his intelligence and attitude made him the man to die for.

Sipping her morning coffee she remember her childhood days with him.

~FLASHBACK~

"Dadi! Dadi! Where is lamman?"

Dadi, pulled her chubby cheeks and pressed her finger on ishita's cheeks "laman nahi beta, raman...RAMAN".

"LAMMANN"

She was very small when she was brought in the bhalla mansion. Raman's mother santosh after a pathetic miscarriage of a girl child in her 5 month of pregnancy wished to have a girl but who knew what their destiny held for them. All the top doctors declared that she wont be able to conceive any more.

Disheartened santosh, started visiting orphanage and one day she met a very beautiful and cute girl named Ishita. After that she started smiling after a long time.

Ishita was an orphan; her mother left her in the orphan age when she was a newborn baby.

Just like santosh, ishita even loved spending time with her.

Everything was fine and Mr. and Mrs. Om prakash bhalla was planning to bring her to bhalla mansion when an ugly incident happened and everything was ruined.

Ishita aa to gai bhalla mansion mein but her life was no fairytale. It was even worse than the life she was spending in the orphanage.

"DADI, batayien na LAMMANN kahan hai?" she pouted and peeped towards his room craning her neck.

Dadi put a low chukle and caressed Ishita's soft cheeks which were touching her cheeks as she was hugging dadi from behind and said

"Woh abhi abhi aya hai, tum tang mat karo ussey, uska mood off  lag raha hai" said dadi

"I know Dadi"replied ishita

"achha, kuch huya hai kya school mein?" Said dadi

Ishita excitedly came and sat on dadi's lap and snaked her arms around her neck and kissed her cheeks, widening her eyes cutely, bitting her lower lips giving a naughty yet innocent look towards dadi she said, "ya dadi, I kissed him in front of the whole school".

Dadi was awe struck hearing such an innocent confession from this pretty cute girl of 8 years. No wonder why raman looked pissed and grumpy.
Before dadi could stop ishita she ran upstairs straight towards raman's room.

Raman was arranging his playstation when ishita berged inside his room.
"LAMMAN!" she gave her wide smile.

ishita had always been very fond of raman since childhood. After all he was the only person along with dadi whom she was staying. And raman being 6 years elder to her, it was obvious that some amount of fondness and getting used to each other will always be there.

Raman on the other hand always avoided ishita , for the fact that he always blamed her for his pathetic past. And yes kahin na kahin she was responsible for that but not fully. He tried not to be rude to her, but her fondness and closeness and clinging to him grew more and more. And today she crossed all her limits. Out of no where she came to his class during lunch time to borrow a pencil sharpener from him, after taking it from him she kissed him on his cheeks in front of the whole classroom and saying the most embarrassing words "I love you lamman".