•50• The Morning After

The next day, when Josh woke up in a bed, still at Sarah's house, he never saw Maya beside him. He had a major hangover, even though he only took 3 shots. He knew what two of them were, but the other one was the one he told Maya to drink that he also did. And he still didn't even know what it was. But he knew that he had the biggest hangover because of it. He also knew that Maya had a head ache/hangover too because it was her first time drinking. And if he had a hangover by just drinking that one shot(the one he didn't know what it was), he knew that Maya had one too.

And it was gonna be painful for her because it was her first hangover.He put some clothes on, then went down stairs and saw a few people leaving. Looks like Josh and Maya weren't the only ones who hooked up. 😉

Josh looked around the whole house and couldn't find Maya anywhere. He texted her: "Where are u?" Under his message, it said Read, meaning that Maya had already read the text. But she never replied. He grabbed his phone and wallet and left.

He went to his place, showered and brushed and then went to Riley's place. He knocked on the door before Riley opened it. "Is Maya here?" He questioned. Riley did nothing but stand there and look at him blankly. She didn't have anything to say to him. "Why aren't you saying anything?" Josh questioned again. All Riley could manage to say was "OUT!!!" As she pointed towards the opposite direction from her apartment. "What did I-" he was cut off when Riley said "You know what you did. But the question is: how could you do that to Maya?" Riley said the question quietly. He didn't have an answer, so he didn't say anything. And because of that, Riley closed the door on him.

When Riley walked back to her room, she saw Maya in the same position as when she left, sitting at the bay window with her knees in her arms moving back and forth.

Riley sat with her again. "It was Josh." She told Maya. "At the front door?" "Yeah." Riley responded to Maya. And Maya knew what was gonna happen next, so she stood up, when all of a sudden, Josh came in through the bay window. He stood just a meter across from her. Then Riley said "I'll just... give you guys some time to talk." "Riley wait-" Maya said, but was interrupted by Riley saying "Maya. You have to talk things out with him." Then Riley turned around and walked out.

It was awkward silence for a few seconds before Josh said "I'm so sorry, Maya. I was just-" Maya then cut him off by saying "No, Josh. I don't care what you have to say. You made me get drunk and lose my V-Card! That was supposed to be special for me. For someone who I love that doesn't need to get me drunk to hook up with me. I can't even describe it! I'm so fricken pissed at you! Just get out." Maya said as a tear rolled down from each side of her face. "Get out!" Maya was having an emotional break down. She was on the floor and crying her eyes out. Josh tried to comfort her, but then, she finally screamed at him saying "GET OUT!!! You ruined this summer for me already! You made me get drunk for the first time! You made me lose my First Time!! So GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!" Maya and Josh starred at each other; Maya's tears continued to come down and Josh let a tear drop from his eye but then wiped it away. "I'll just leave then... I love you" Josh said hoping for her to say those three words back to him. "Well... I don't" she said looking down. "What?" Josh questioned tilting her chin up. "I said I don't love you anymore." They we're looking at each other dead strait in the eyes. "Goodbye Josh." Maya said waiting for him to leave. "Goodbye Maya Penelope Hart." Josh said as he kissed her cheek and walked out of the room. Maya then crawled out of the Bay Window and went home.