Chapter 7~ All bark no bite

"How are we gonna tell lu-" Riley leans in for another kiss and I gravitate away in still shock.
"YOU'VE GOTTA STOP DOING THAT!" I squeal. She chuckles and grabs my hand and intertwines it with hers.

"Buy seriously...what are we gonna tell-" I pause in my tracks and make sure to use my words carefully. "Him."  I add cautiously as I see a smirk crawl across Rileys face sheepishly.

I blush and roll my eyes in a playfully manner.  Her face turns a little more serious.
"I don't know, after his last little...lash out per say, I'm a little scared to tell him that I chose you."

"Oh come on, he's just a huckleberry who's just all bark no bite Riles." I reassure her. She looks at me nervously and sighs.
"Okay." She stops in the sidewalk and grabs out her phone and turns it on. She opens the text message icon and chooses the contact 'Boo' and as I take a glance, eyes wide, she frantically changes the name to 'Lucas and begins the message.

To: Lucas

"Meet me at Topangas, we need to talk."

She sends the message, sighs once again and puts the phone back in her pocket.
"Riles are you okay? If you still like him please just tell me."
She quickly stops me in my tracks.
"I DON'T LIKE HIM ANYMORE MAYA." She tones her voice down slightly as my expression let's out a slight feared look.
"I..don't like him, I realized he much of a jerk and a baby he is if he doesn't get his way."
I stare in confusion.

"There's something I didn't tell you."
My concern levels shoot up massively once I hear this and there is more and more fear inching over my expression.
"What Riley, what is it. I need to know now, what did he do."
I nearly demanded out of scarcity.

She looked at me weary and teary eyed.
"Last night..Lucas acted out of rage and he uh..." I continued to nod and stay silent but it busted out.
"WHAT. WHAT DID HE DO TO YOU." 
A single tear hit her cheek quickly as she said.
"He hit me...and it wasn't playfully." She started to choke on her words.

My face burned a red of hatred.
"I never expected him to do that. It was scary, Maya."
My hands soon turned into squeezing fists.
"Let. Me. see."
I said with sorrow mixed in with anger.

She started to ball and I now realized why she was wearing a turtleneck. She hesitated but pulled the cotton neck piece down to her collarbone area and I saw something horrific.
"He's....very strong." She added afraid.
There was a huge black and blue and purple fist bruise that looked nearly half the size of my head.

I was shocked and majorly appalled.
"H-how could he do this to you Riley?!" I stuttered at first out of fear, but once anger hit me I was pissed and headstrong.
She just sighed. "I don't know, I never expected this from my best friend."
"Riley listen to me. He's not your best friend if he did this to you! I know you love to see the good in people but not this time."
I bite my lip and look to the ground.

"It's time I took care of this."

An: Sorry for the short chapter! I have an idea but it's in the next chapter and I just wanted to get a chapter out for you guys!

Also: THANKS FOR ALMOST 700 READS OML IM SO HAPPY THANK YOU. 
~
I will do a celebration once we hit 1k EEEEEEEE THANK YOU!!!!

Ps:
I'm also in the works of writing a new book as well, but don't worry, I'll still be updating this one regularly, I'm so exited about it! I won't give away any hints exept I'll show you the cover! I'm very proud of it and I can't wait for you all to read it because DAMN IT'S A GOOD IDEA  AND I DON'T KNOW HOW THE HELL I CAME UP WITH IT.
Anyways heree:

DOESN'T IT LOOK NICEE
Welp. Imma go but thanks again for so many reads! Love you guys!

♡SparkleLikeAFarkle♡