Chapter 10

Riley POV:
It was a suprising short amount of time before we reached the tall and lengthy building titled; NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan hospital.

The sirens still blared, my ears now used to the piercing noise. Saying as it was coming from the place I was sitting in. When my dad heard the news, he immediately hung up the phone. Not exactly sure what that means, but im sure I caught him off guard. He wasn't expecting news like this and he shouldn't have to, he had trusted us with each others lives. I guess we failed his lesson.

*

Everything was so rushed. My mind currently was faded and wasn't quite sure of everything that was going on around me. The cot like roller was joltingly picked up off of the truck me and Katie were sitting in, the soon the wheels extended downward and they locked the caps and started to roll Maya across the hospital parking lot.

*

With a coruscation of realization, me and Katie looked at each other, than bolted across the parking lot after Maya, nearly tripping over our and each other's feet. Once we caught up to the stretcher, we ran along side it until someone in a uniform stopped us and I watched as Maya was rolled off, beyond my sight.

*

I yelled to a point where most would consider it screaming as I tried to get past the surgeon.

"Please let me through!! That's my best friend!!!" I continued to yell like a two year old having a temper tantrum at a toy store until Katie pulled me back next to her. She gave me a sorrowful glance and the surgeon spoke, "Can you please wait over there?" He motioned his hand over to a room full of chairs labeled, 'Waiting room.' Obviously. I thought to myself.

*

"It might be a while until we can tell you what's going on with your friend."

FRIEND?! I scowled at the usage of such a plain word.

He gave me a smile out of pity as I started turning my body towards the room. I watched as he talked to Katie and he motioned for her to follow him. Just like that, off she went. Now I stood alone in the waiting room. I wanted to yell and scream but the other half of me just wanted to break down and cry.

*

If I spoke, I knew I would start to cry, so I just sat on the floor of the carpeted waiting room, because my body felt as weary as it could ever be, and I didn't have the mental, and half the physical strength to walk over to one of the chairs. I got some weird looks from a few of the visitors and as well as people when they walked in, but honestly at this point I didn't care at all. I just wanted to see my Best Friend.

*

Soon after a brisk moment of thought, I heard almost a wheezing gasp for breath, and someone sprint through the door. I tried to look closer when the person got to the secretary's desk.

Shawn!!!

I looked up and quickly called his name and he turned around frantically.

"Riley.." He weakly whimpered.

I got up off of the floor, brushing off my leggings and before I could fully get up, I was lifted to my feet in a warm embraced hug by Shawn. As soon as he spoke to me, I knew I was about to lose it, my mind had caught up with reality. I was about to breakdown if I spoke.

"I-im so sorry...im so sorry..." Was all he could manage to get out of his mouth. And just like that, I was a living human waterfall, I had never sobbed more hard in my life. I cried so hard it hurt my chest, eyes but most importantly, I was heartbroken. I couldn't stop thinking about what would happen If Maya was....was...Dead.

*

I feel another warm touch against my back, and another one on my side, I glance up, Barely able to see from welled tears.

Mom and dad...

I felt safe, I felt secure. I was ready to give up but now that everyone is here...I feel a bit better. Reassured even.

*

I didn't know what was going to happen. But I knew every one was here to cheer Maya on,

To keep her alive.

Aye guyyyyys!

so sorry about the late post, and also that it is just a filler, Ive been so busy with things you have no idea. Plus Ava has my phone lol (Ava Is my best friend who accidentally put her phone in her bag because it was in her sleeping bag)

So im writing on the compuuuuuter.

The next chapter is gonna be a good and long one and I hope to get it out within the next couple days!

Love yaaaal

-SparkleLikeAFarkle