Chapter 11

"Pancakes are ready!!!"

I vigorously jolted my body upward from my bed, falling off onto my rug. My body was sweating and I was breathing heavily from the loud noise. I run my fingers through my hair to get it out of my eyes. And once I can see, I am immediately confuzed.
My...room?
Last I remembered I was at the hospital with Maya.

I rub the temples by my forehead and rub my nose, as it was sort of stuffy every morning. I get the strength to lift my body off of the floor to make my bed but then I'm majorly appalled by my sight of Maya sleeping in my bed. I cock my head slightly while confusion ran in circles through my brain.
"Maya? Maya..." that never wakes her up.
I tried shaking her slightly but that didn't work either. So I used the best Idea that I could remember.
I climbed up on top of the bay window and grinned evily. Then as I fully stood, I got ready to jump.
"MAYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" I screamed as my body pounced like a lion catching it's prey on top of her. But I jumped a little to far. My body latched onto maya grabbing her as I slipped and fell off the other side of the bed where Maya was sleeping, dragging her down as well.
"Dammit twice today!" I yelled. Maya awoke with frightful jump.
"What the hell Riley?!"  She pushed me off of her, and squinted her eyes, not being fully awoken yet. 

That was the third time I had fallen today and its only 7 in the morning!

"Why did you have to wake me up at-" Maya took a moment to look at my bedside clock to check the time.

"7 IN THE MORNING?!" I smiled sheepishly and innocently.

"RILEY MATTHEWS ITS A SATURDAY!!!" I withdrew my smile. I thought it was a weekday.

I rolled my eyes and got up from the floor, grabbing all of the sheets and covers that had fallen onto the floor and messily placed them onto my unmade bed. I looked down at Maya, holding her hand out for me to grab. I willingly grabbed it and lifted her up off of the ground onto her feet and as she brushed off her shirt, I realized she was in a t-shirt and underwear. My eyes widened as a confused expression brushed its way across my face.

"What happened last night?" I asked. My mind was so blank I couldn't remember anything except that I was at the hospital.

Maya looked at me with a half hearted grin and chuckled underneath her breath. I rolled my eyes.

"I mean it! I don't remember anything!"

"You don't remember...anything...." Maya continued to smirk while pulling on some jeans and buckling them.

"No! Maaaaya tell meeeee!" I begged. She raised an eyebrow and sighed wincing at my innocence.

"But...pancakes!" Maya motioned to the door, avoiding my comment. I frowned and just followed, arms heavy. She grabbed my arm and got me to walk faster. "Cmon! if we don't get there soon enough, Auggie and Corey are gonna eat them all!"

"Fine. But after breakfast, Bay window."

"No."

"Ring power!"

"UGH FIIIIIINE." Maya groaned, now walking like me towards breakfast, pouting.

I grinned and led Maya to the table. My mom looked at us and smiled. "Morning girls!" Maya frowned. "Morning." she growled.

"Gooood morning!" I said cheerfully, like always.

Corey and Auggie looked up from their plates. Auggie nodded at us, his face too stuffed to talk. Corey swallowed and asked us a question that made me extremely confused.

"What were you guys doing last night? You were awfully loud!" Topanga just nodded in agreement along with Auggie. I cocked my head and raised an eyebrow. I looked over to Maya and she spit out her water, her face was so red she looked like she was about to explode.