08: Birthday

FYI I skipped episode 1&2 from season 3 since there was no place to put rose in.

It has been a few weeks since mothers day and ever since I tried to distance myself from the Reagan family, aside from erin and nicky, her daughter whom she introduced me to and who was spending a lot of time in the office lately. I realised the more I interact with the Reagans the more I open up and that is the one thing I am trying to prevent from happening.

Obviously that was going to change since Erin told me that Nicky wanted to invite me to her birthday. An event the whole family was going to attend. I knew I was going to see Jamie, he tried to call me a few times but I did not pick up and eventually after a few days he stopped trying to contact me.

We were currently in a court room because of a case of criminal posession of a contolled substanz in the first degree. A guy named Jack Boyle introduced himself as the lawyer of the defenced, his name made Erin look up slightly shoked and suprised. Erin introduced herself and I realised why his name was so familiar, he is Erins Ex-husband afterall. Both of them discussed about the case for a while when the council noticed the same last name on both.

As we left the building Jack noticed and accompanied us, she told him that he could have warned her, which he took easily. They continued chatting for a while until Erin gave him a clever response and me and Erin went into an other direction. Later on Erin went to the comissioners place whilst I stayed in the office.

Nicky came to the office to pick up Erin for dress shopping, which Erin completely forget about, Nicky obviously noticed that and changed the subject to talk about her dad. They continued chitty chatting as I continued working. 

Erin walked with Danny through my office to get into Erins. Danny shortly nodded in my direction, greeting me, I just gave him a polite smile before looking back at my papers.

The next Day Erin was back in court going against Jacks Client. She wanted me  to continue on paper work.

Wearing blue high waist shorts with a rose shirt tugged in and my black heels I entered Nickys Birthday party. I went over to erin who was standing at the entry greeting the guests. We chatted for a while before she leaded me to the table of the reagan family leaving me alone with them  as she went back to the entry. Jamie quickly pulled a chair for me to sit down at. "thanks" I gently smiled at him. Luckily the awkward silence was over when Jack appeared and all men of the Reagen family, despite danny, stood up.  Jack greeted everyone shortly before he noticed me.
"Mrs. Talbot, its nice to see you again." I thought about being polite, but then again thats not really me. "Well, I can't really say the same when it comes to you." I smiled at him.

After a while everyone got back to talking when jamie asked me to speak with him in private. We silently stood up and walked a few metres away.
"Is everything alright with you?" he started the conversation.
"Yeah, why shouldnt it be?"
"I tried calling you and you didnt return my calls or texts.."
"I'm sorry about that, I just needed to sort things out and I was stressed." I smiled at him.
He gently put his hand on my shoulder looking me in the eyes."You would tell me if there was something wrong right?"
"Trust me, everythings just fine." I looked into his eyes to assure him and we stood there for a solid minute. "I think your grandpa is watching us." I told him as i turned my head towards the table and henry didnt even mind to turn his head away. Jamie understood what I was hinting at which is why he put his hand away from me and I took a step back  smiling slightly at him.

689 Words