13:death anniversary

Guys, I just realized that we have 5.89k reads and if you search for "Jamie Reagan" here on wattpad, this story is one of the first to show up. This is completely amazing. It couldn't be without you. Thank you so much, every single one of you!❤️

Today is the day.
12 years ago from today my mother died on breast cancer.
9 years ago from today my father comitted suicide, after he tried to deal with the grief by the help of alcohol for three years but then the death of my older sister, his first born child, was the ultimate trigger for him to kill himself.
And on this day every year I make a complete health check, an early detection screening, to prevent the chance of having cancer.
So that is why I'm in the hospital. Obviously everything was still fine, like always.

Just when I was about to leave the hospital I heard two familiar voices from behind the curtain.
"so how are you feeling?" that was for sure linda, but then again she works here.
"I'm fine." Jamie replied to her.
"Yeah?.. well your blood pressure says differently, it's through the roof."
"Yeah thats nothing against that ringing in my ears, it's a little annoying."
"That showed up aafter the shooting?" Linda asked him. He was involved in a shooting? Who am I kidding, he's a cop, of course something like this happens
"Yeah."
"Well thats tinnitus, thats common with gunshots." Linda told him. As far as I remember its called tinnitus when a person hears something that the people around him can't hear.
"I'm not imagining it" Jamie assured Linda, obviously he knows what it is, as well.
"No I didn't say you were imagining it, I was just saying that you don't need to worry, it'll go away on it's own."
"So that's all just a waste of time, rght?"
"No, it's not. Sit down, I'm not done with you. You know what? What you went through is a dramatic thing, for anyone, look at me."
"Danny's been involved in shootings more than once, does he usually get this pity party?" Jamie was obviously pissed.
"This is not a pity party, Jamie and you know what, if you think all that stuff doesn't bother your big macho brother, then you don't know him."
"I did what I was trained to do, not gonna fall apart over it." I was signing some papers when I still heard in on the conversation.
"Good.." Linda continued talking but now I wasn't paying much attention since a nurse talked to me about my results.
"You know what would help me, if you'd just go and get the doc so I can get this over with." Jamie was now talking slightly louder, he was more than annoyed and from Linda's "okay" I could hear that he hurt her in something he said. She came out from behind the curtain and opened it, then she walked away. Jamie looked behind her and that was also when his eyes met mine and I guess he figured that I heard their conversation by the disappointed look on my face.

Another selfmade tradition that takes place on this day every year is my visit to some local bar and depending on which anniversary it is I take that amount of drinks, last year it were 11 drinks duo to the 11th anniversary of my mother's death, today it's gonna be twelve shots. It's kinda paradox that I'm drinking alcohol, considering my dead father was an alcoholic, but I just can't help it. I'm able to forget about all those deaths in my family and maybe I can escape the world for just a little moment.

When I got home the first thing I noticed,when I entered, was Jamie's back standing towards me with something in his hands.
"What are you doing here?!" I sounded upset, maybe it was the alcohol but maybe it was the rising of emotions inside me that I try to bury.
He jumped around and looked slightly anxious.
"I,uh, wanted to see you. And when I came here your door wasn't locked so I was worried and just came inside.." he tried to hide some paper in his hands.
"What's are you holding there?" He stayed still for a while. "Jamie?!"
"A.. letter" first I was confused until it occurred to me. Bryce's letter. I ripped it out of his hand.
"You had NO fucking right to read this!" I was furious. I wasn't ready to let him know about Bryce. And I certainly wasn't ok with him invading my privacy. I put the letter in my desk drawer and slammed it shut.
"I'm sorry,Rose, I didn't know about your brother.." Jamie told me showing me pity.
"I didn't want you to know! And I certainly don't need your pity, so save it Reagan!" He stayed calm whilst I was provoking him. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you when you needed me." He needs to stop being nice.
" I don't need you to be there for me alright?! I've been through this kind of shit before and I was perfectly capable doing that by my own!"
"I'm sure you are but it can't hurt for someone to help you."
"I don't need your help or pity. In fact I don't need you at all so you can just go and leave me the fuck alone!" I opened the door for him to leave when he kept looking at me with pitying eyes. "GO!" I screamed at him and he left. I slammed the door behind him with all the energy I had and fell to the ground. Tears began flowing out my eyes and my heart started to ache. I wasn't capable of standing up when the tears came faster down my cheeks and the pain in my chest grew stronger. I held my hands against my chest in pain and I laid there on the ground having a complete breakdown.
That was when I realized I needed him. I needed his help and his love and I didn't want him to be anywhere but with me. But I knew that I, again, had just made it more difficult for him.

1000 words

They fought again...yay! #jk