-17 -

Tears cloud your vision as Chuuya grows limp in your arms. Dazai rushes forward, apprehending Francis, who, falls unconscious. You look around in search of what could have possibly been used to fuel Francis's last attack.

And you see it.

Your father sacrificed your mother's gold wedding ring.

In a blinding flash of light, it's gone and Zelda is in a fit of tears.

You return your attention to your dying fiance. Blood gushes from the spine chilling wound. You apply pressure on Chuuya's injury, only to be stopped as he weakly grasps your wrist.

"Don't.." He chokes out.

A cry erupts from your throat, tears splashing against Chuuya's suit.

That's when every bit of emotion pour out of you. It leaves like a tsunami, drowning everyone in the palace. They can feel your heart break. They can feel your anger. They can experience your insanity.

And all is quiet.

You can't hear anything but your cries, clutching Chuuya's body closer.

It's almost as if time has stopped for you.

And it did.

Just not for you.

Because of you.

"(f-f/n).." Chuuya struggles. His gloved hand cups your cheek. You place your hand upon his, kissing the inside of his palm.

"Please." You croak out, "Please don't leave me. God dammit, I love you so much." Your voice cracks.

Chuuya smiles in peaceful bliss. "You need to calm down." He coughs, blood mixing with your tears on his suit. When he regains the strength to talk once more you listen with intent.

"(f/n), look around you." You shake your head.

"No. I don't want to. I don't want to come back and find you dead. Chuuya, please." You plead, muttering the single phrase over and over under your breath.

"(f/n), that's not the point. You. Stopped. Time." He forces. The hand cupping your cheek lifts your chin to look up at the podium.

Zelda is in the middle of sobbing, and Atsushi had joined her. Kenji is suspended in midair, jumping off the podium to most likely rush over to Fitzgerald and Dazai. Yosano is mid run towards the two of you.

Everyone in the arena is frozen in time.

In this catastrophic moment of anguish, you had unleashed your ultimate form of In Search Of Lost Time.

You look back down to Chuuya, shaking your head. "I didn't want this. Chuuya, we need Yosano. How do I stop this?!"

His eyes droop close, "It's.. okay. Don't worry.." He mutters under his breath. Chuuya can't comprehend the words you're saying. He only knows that he wants to kiss you- has to kiss you.

This is his final moment.

You shakily exhale with sobs wrecking your body; you lean down to your lover's lips and capture them one final time.

"I love.." You whisper against his lips, tasting metal- blood. "I love you so much.." Chuuya leans up, and with his final act he makes sure he kisses you till he's gone.

You relax, shoulders unwinding. The feeling is familiar and you know you'll miss it. But Chuuya is gone, and there's nothing you can do.

Time resumes.

Yosano slides forward, screaming her apologies as she rips you away from him. She then whirls around and bolts, taking your lover to the infirmary. Her voice of authority booms over the wave of people, commanding them back and racing faster than she ever has in her life.

But it's no use.

Nakahara Chuuya, the short asshole which you love with all your heart and soul, has left like fleeting beauty from your life.

~~~

i decided to check my stats and 1% of my readers are male :") god bless i love you guys

i also love my girls and nonbinary people i love you all 

oh, and im sorry. happy holidays :))