Chapter 26: Almost Christmas

*Anita's P.O.V*
It was almost Christmas and I had decided to spend some time with my parents before surprising Fergal in Ireland for Christmas. He doesn't know it yet. His brothers and sister helped me plan the whole thing.

*At the airport, Fergal's departure*
"You sure you don't want to come with me?" He asked. "I'm sure. It's going to be okay. I'm staying with my Mom and Dad. I know this is our first Christmas as man and wife, but you want to spend Christmas at home with your family. I'm going to do the same." I told him. He smiled at me. "Okay. I'll call you when I get in." He said. He kissed me and then kissed my belly. "You take care of yourself." He said. I nodded and kissed him again. He hugged me and then headed to his plane gate. I watched his plane fly away. My brother wrapped an arm around me. "He's clueless, isn't he?" Shannon asked. "Totally. But that's why it's so special. He doesn't suspect a thing." I said. "How long you staying?" Shannon asked me as we headed back home. "A few more days." I said.

*Fergal's P.O.V*
It had been a week since I last seen my family. The days passed and I was out with my dad. "I need to call Adam and see if the package has arrived yet." My dad said suddenly. "What package?" I asked. "An early Christmas present. It should be here soon." He said. I was totally confused. "Don't give me that look. It's not for us. It's for you." He told me. I sat there and pondered what the surprise was. We finally got home after a few hours and Adam, Mom, Daniel, and Ashley looked really happy. "What's with the faces?" I asked. "Oh nothing." Ashley said. "Oh really." I said. "Heard from your wife lately?" Dad asked, sitting next to mom on the couch. "She called early this morning. She should be calling soon though. It's almost the time she heads to bed." I said. "What is this package I was hearing about?" I asked. "It hasn't arrived yet, but can you get me something to drink from the kitchen please?" My mom asked. I nodded and went into the kitchen. As I walked in, I noticed someone sitting at the table.

*Anita's P.O.V*
Fergal and his dad finally got back. "What's with the faces?" He asked. I quietly giggled to myself. "Oh nothing." Ashley said. "Oh really."
"Heard from your wife lately?" His dad asked. "She called early this morning. She should be calling soon though. It's almost the time she goes to bed." He said. I silently chuckled and shook my head. I quietly pulled out the chair and sat down. "What's this package I was hearing about?" He asked. "It hasn't arrived yet, but can you get me something to drink from the kitchen please?" His mother asked. I sat up straight when I heard him get up. I was dressed in

My bag was by the wall

My bag was by the wall. He rounded to corner and noticed me. "Anita?" He asked. "Surprise! Merry Christmas." I said, standing up. He wrapped his arms around me and we stood there. I was laughing as he was holding me. "Best surprise ever." He told me. "I figured. The look on your face was priceless." I told him. We headed out into the living room and his family was smiling. "You all knew?" He asked. "You think I'd be able to pull this of myself?" I asked him. He smiled and we sat down. "Thank you guys." He said. "No problem. It was her idea because who wants to spend Christmas away from their husband or wife?" Ashley asked. "Not me or our little girl." I said. Fergal looked at me. "A girl?" He asked. I nodded and he kissed me. "Found out three days ago. My mom's excited. She spoils Ashton's daughter, so now she can spoil her other granddaughter now." I said. "Congratulations. I'm so happy for you both. How far along are you?" His mom said. "Thank you. I'm four months along, which is fourteen weeks."

 We stayed for dinner and then headed to Fergal's house here in Bray County

We stayed for dinner and then headed to Fergal's house here in Bray County. "Welcome home." He said, scooping me up in his arms and walking across the threshold. I giggled and kissed him. "Oh. My Dad is recording some songs and I wanted you to hear them." I told him, pulling out my phone.
Song #1:
Traveller

"Wow. He's good." Fergal said. "He has two more." I said.
Song #2:
Tennessee Whiskey

"Your Dad is seriously good." He said. "That's why Jeff is helping him with it. Here's the last song."
Song #3:
Fire Away

"He's good. He'll definitely make it big." He said. "Yeah he will." I said. "How's he been since I left?" He asked. "Good. He's just as excited as mom about the baby." I said, shrugging off my coat. "Irelynn," He said. I looked up at him. "What?" I asked. "You said that it's a girl, right?" I nodded. "Irelynn. Her name is Irelynn." Fergal said. I smiled and hugged him. "I love it. Irelynn Rose Devitt." I said. Fergal smiled and kissed my head. "Our little rose blooms in June." He said. I nodded and we put our pajamas on. We sat and talked for awhile. "I missed this." I said. "What's that exactly?" He asked. "Being in your arms and just talking. Haven't done it in awhile." I said. He nodded and that's how we fell asleep.