Chapter 30: Baby Day

They had me in the car, Fergal next to me, Jeff driving, and Beth coaching me through the contractions. We arrived at the hospital and they were ready for us. I was wheeled to delivery and was set in. "You're dilated to three centimeters." The nurse told me. I nodded and Fergal took my hand. "Won't be long now." He whispered to me. "Your mother and father are on their way right now." Beth told me. I nodded and leaned into my pillow. Jeff kissed my head. "We're going to be right here." He told me. I smiled, "Wouldn't have it any other way." I said. Five hours had gone by. I had refused the epidural and was toughing it out. "You should get the epidural, Mia." Beth told me. "Not until I can't stand the pain." I said. "You need to sleep, Mia." Jeff told me. Fergal kissed my head and sighed. "I'll consider it." I told them. I managed to fall asleep.

*Fergal's P.O.V*
I looked at my sleeping wife with a smile. "She's a brave girl." Beth told Jeff. "The bravest." I said. "I'm going to get something to drink. Would you like anything?" Jeff asked. I shook my head. I dosed off for awhile. Anita had woke up and her contractions had progressed. She held my hand and breathed through them. "It's beginning to get unbearable." She told me as Jeff and Beth walked around the hospital. Matthias had dropped off Nera while he visited.

*Anita's P.O.V*
I looked over at Fergal and smiled. "It's been six and a half hours, grá. Are you sure you don't want the epidural?" Fergal asked me. "I do want it. It's beginning to get intolerable." I said. Jeff walked back in with Nera. "Hi sweetheart." I said. Nera snuggled up with me in bed. "Someone's getting sleepy." Jeff said. "I know the feeling. Thirty minutes of sleep isn't enough." I said. Jeff scooped up Nera and went to find Matthias and Beth. Beth and Jeff had to walk back in the room. "Changed your mind yet?" She asked. I nodded and she went to get the nurse. After I had been given the epidural, I settled in so I could sleep some. "Get some sleep, grá. You're going to need it." Fergal told me. I nodded and fell asleep.

*Wednesday Morning*
It was about eleven in the morning when the contractions started coming stronger and more frequently. The nurse smiled at us and told Fergal, "Get ready, Daddy. Your little girl is ready to grace the world." I smiled.

*Skip Birth*
Irelynn Rose Devitt was born June 14 at 1:30 in the afternoon at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 21 inches long.

*Skip Birth* Irelynn Rose Devitt was born June 14 at 1:30 in the afternoon at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and 21 inches long

I smiled as I watched Fergal rock our little girl. "You look just like your mother." Fergal told her. "With your dark hair and long limbs." I said. Fergal chuckles and nods. He puts her in the bassinet the hospital provided. He then sits beside me. "Can you believe we made such a beautiful little girl?" He asked. "Just wait until she gets older. She'll have tons of boys wrapped around her finger. You'll have to chase them away." I told him. "I'd rather not think about that until the time comes." He said. I laughed and he took my hand. Jeff and Beth came back from the cafeteria and I smiled as Jeff looked over Irelynn. "You can hold her, Jeffy." I said. Irelynn had Jeff's finger.

"Uncle Jeff is in love with little Irelynn

"Uncle Jeff is in love with little Irelynn." Beth said with a smile as Jeff picked her up. "She looks just like you, Amarie. She has your looks." Jeff said. "That she does, Jeffy. That she does." I agreed. After awhile, everyone decided to go get some rest. "We'll be back tomorrow." Beth told me. I nodded and they left. I was currently feeding Irelynn. "Get some rest, love. She'll still be here when you wake up. It's not a dream." I told Fergal. He chuckles and obeys. I could hear him softly snoring moments later. "Your daddy is sleeping, you and I can get acquainted." I whispered. Irelynn's mouth quirked up and I smiled. The nurse came in and smiled. "Just checking on mom and baby." She said. "I have to get up and walk. My legs are cramping." I told her. She smiled and I put Irelynn in her bassinet. The nurse and I walked around the hallway. "Is she your first?" She asked. "Not really, but she's the first I had. I helped my friends with their babies." I said as she helped me back into bed. Irelynn was asleep and Fergal hadn't moved. "Thank you." I told her. "No problem." I looked at my little family. "This is perfect." I said. I sent this picture of Irelynn to all our friends.

Anita: "Look who graced the world today

Anita: "Look who graced the world today. Meet Irelynn Rose."

Allen: "Congrats, Marie! She's beautiful just like you."

Rami: "Congratulations! She is a beauty!"

Pamela: "She's so beautiful, Mia."

Mercedes: "She's beautiful just like her mommy."

Kevin: "Congratulations! She is so beautiful, Anita."

Brie: "Congratulations Mimi! Her and Birdie are going to be great friends when they get together. Auntie Brie is going to spoil her."

Nikki: "Oh Mia, she's perfect. Auntie Coco is going to love her to pieces. I'll be by to visit soon."

Anita: "I'll expect you, Coco."

I fell asleep after that.