5.

"joji it's your turn to spin!" ian urged as he placed the glass bottle back in the middle of the circle.

joji sighed and spun the bottle, it slowly went past ava and pointed directly to max.

"what the fuck, no." joji huffed.

"we agreed the only time we can skip is if it lands on ava and i, you pussy." ian spoke.

"yeah, be careful you might fall in love with me." max said proudly.

joji looked at ava hoping for some words of wisdom consisting of 'don't do it'.

ava cracked a smile "yeah joji don't be a chicken." ava said now making chicken noises.

"i'm too sober for this." joji mumbled under his breath walking over towards max.

"man, it's fine i'm just playi-" max was cut off when joji puckered his lips and planted a quick kiss on max's lips.

multiple oohs and ahs were said by the fellow players in the circle.

"what're you fucking gay?" ian laughed as joji returned to his spot next to ian.

+

"chug it! chug it! chug it!" multiple people cheered as max began to quickly down vodka straight from the bottle.

"now that's what i call quality talent." ian said as he watched max finish off the bottle.

"and that's what i call an unhealthy liver." ava joked.

"you ready to go?" joji asked standing behind ava, leaning his head over her shoulder.

"yeah, let me say bye to max real quick." ava responded with a smile.

"joji and i are leaving, don't get into too much trouble." ava spoke as max embraced her in a tight hug.

"bye guys, don't forget to use protection!" max yelled as joji and ava walked out of the house.

+

"no scary movies." ava warned, leaning on joji trying to snatch the remote from him.

"the exorcist isn't even scary." joji replied rolling his eyes trying to keep the remote away from ava.

"i don't play with demons." ava laughed, resting her head on joji's chest.

"so, what are you gonna do when i'm gone?" joji asked trying to change the subject.

"i don't know probably hang out with max and ian or something." ava replied yawning.

"mhmm," joji said softly, running his fingers through ava's hair.

"i still don't want to watch the exorcist." ava spoke up after moments of silence.

"fine." joji gave in putting on the office.

"much better." ava said laying back down on her side of the bed.

joji turned to face ava "do you think we have that jim and pam type love?" he asked furrowing his eyebrows.

"i'd like to think so." ava replied, biting her lip to refrain from smiling.

"y'know, when we first met i knew i wanted to be with you. you're so-" joji was cut off.

"joji," ava paused.

"we always talk about me, let's talk about you now." ava spoke softly.

"almost a year ago ian told me his two friends were coming over and i was completely dreading it, until a boy with an amazing smile that made my heart melt and cute shaggy hair walked through the door. little did i know he would soon be my source of happiness." ava spoke as joji intertwined their hands.

"ugh, i love you so much." joji grunted, pulling ava closer kissing her on her forehead.

"we should really go to sleep." ava yawned as she rolled on her other side.

joji instinctively pulled ava into his chest and the two drifted off to sleep.

+

"i've become so numb," the music blared through the phone alarm joji set.

"really, linkin park?" ava groggily questioned.

"it's a classic." joji said, sarcasm very apparent.

"do you have to go?" ava whined.

"i'll be back before you know it." joji reassured speaking so gently it was almost a whisper.

joji always spoke a different way with ava, never a harsh tone, always smooth and almost hushed.

"don't get me wrong, i'd love to stay, the view is amazing." joji spoke, intently watching ava struggle to pull her tight jeans over her rather thick thighs.

"don't get too excited, your flight leaves in almost two hours." ava laughed as she zipped her pants and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

+

"coffee?" ava offered, holding the cup out to joji.

"no thanks, babe. i'm just gonna steal one of ian's red bulls." he said raiding the fridge.

after finding the energy drink joji sat down next to ava at the counter.

"shit, we still have to go get my suitcase from my apartment." joji said putting his phone in his pocket.

"i'll go start the car." ava said scurrying out of the front door.

+

"maybe i'll go to the strip club." ava teased.

"that's funny, really funny." joji fake laughed as ava pulled up to the airport.

after getting his suitcase and laptop, joji pulled ava into a tight hug.

"i love you, please be safe." ava spoke into joji's chest.

"love you too and i will, i promise." joji said smiling, then leaving a small kiss on ava's forehead.