7.

joji layed in bed peacefully, switching back and forth listening to the raindrops fall onto the windowsill and watching ava's eyes flutter as she slept.

"good morning." joji spoke softly as ava woke up and turned over to face him.

she replied with a smile, considering she isn't a morning person that was more than enough for joji.

joji continued to lay and observe as ava picked up his hand, holding it and playing with his long bony fingers.

"you should come over my place today." joji suggested.

"sounds good to me." ava spoke lightly, taking her eyes off of his hand and looking up at him.

"i'm gonna start working on a new song." joji spoke.

"do you have a name for it yet?" ava asked curiously.

"it's called they don't understand." joji spoke softly, moving some of ava's hair out of her face.

"i'm excited, i'll get ready." ava said getting up.

"wait," joji paused before ava got up.

"lay with me for a little bit longer." joji said, almost a whisper.

ava nodded and layed back down next to joji, he pulled her closer wrapping his arm around her.

"just listen." joji spoke, looking towards the window.

ava nodded and did so.

the two watched quietly as the rain dripped from the sky and splashed on the windowsill.

listening to the serene sound reminds joji of being in japan, how he used to go for walks in the rain to clear his head.

"you almost ready?" ava smiled, speaking up after many moments of silence.

"yeah." joji replied, returning a smile.

+

"it's pouring." ava stated as the rain trickled down onto the car.

"that's the point." joji grinned before getting out of the car.

"what are you doing?" ava questioned from inside the car.

"just get out." joji said looking up at the sky, taking a long deep breath.

ava hesitantly got out and shut the car door.

"is this necessary?" ava asked as the rain continued to soak them both.

joji nodded and gently pushed ava's back to the car.

curiosity read on her face but she just went along.

joji placed his large hands on both sides of ava's face slowly. bringing his face closer to hers he connected their lips, ava instantly kissed back, wrapping her arms securely around his neck.

joji picked ava up as she wrapped her legs around him.

breaking the kiss ava smiled and placed her forehead on joji's.

"it's getting cold." joji chuckled as he carried ava inside the building.

+

"can i borrow a dry shirt?" ava asked as her bare body sprawled out on joji's bed, immediately being embraced by the smell of cigarette smoke and fabric softener.

joji tossed ava an old shirt and sat on the bed next to her.

"kissing in the rain?" ava spoke jokingly, pulling the oversized shirt over her head.