13.

*two months later*

"ian wants to facetime." ava smiled, running over to joji.

"ava!" ian cheered from the phone.

"ian! how are you?" ava asked, sitting down next to joji.

"i'm actually great. max and i got a house together." ian grinned, showing max on a couch with a kitten.

"how's everything over there?" ian asked, raising an eyebrow.

"i absolutely love it here, i'm gonna show you around our apartment." ava spoke, popping up from the couch.

"here's our living room," ava pointed the camera towards the plain white walls with nothing but a plant on a shelf and a tv.

ava made sure this apartment would not be trashed like joji's old apartment, and he gladly abided by her rules of cleanliness being that he was tired of uninvited rats living with him.

ava finished the small tour with a few minor interruptions from joji making new music.

"i'm really glad everything is going good and you're happy." ian cracked a smile.

"tell max i miss him." ava giggled into the phone.

"did i hear my name?" max appeared behind ian, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"is it official yet?" ava wiggled her eyebrows up and down.

"he's not just a cunt anymore, he's my cunt." ian let out a sigh.

"can i borrow you for like an hour? there's somewhere i want to take you." joji peeped his head in the room.

ava nodded and finished her facetime call with ian.

+

as the two approached a large, vibrant garden, joji led ava to a small bench.

searching for the prettiest flower near him, joji picked up a yellow daisy.

"if you were a flower, you'd be a damnnndelion." joji stifled a laugh.

"and you sir, must be a garden cause i'm digging you." ava mocked, causing joji to burst out in a fit of laughter.

"let's never do that again." joji laughed his final laugh for the moment, standing up.

joji reached out his hand, guiding ava up off of the old bench.

he then intertwined their hands and continued walking through the garden.

after walking along the trail of rocks, they approached a deck overlooking the ocean.

"we're in japan to follow our dreams and grow, right?" joji questioned, staring ahead, still mesmerized by the view.

"yeah." ava replied equally as distracted.

"what's something you want to accomplish?" joji asked, his attention now focused on ava.

"i'd like to commit to something and stick to it, that's a challenge." ava nodded slowly, her mind now wandering a million different places.

"could you commit to being my wife?" joji asked hesitantly, kneeling down.

"your w-?" ava turned her head to see the love of her life kneeling in front of her.

"yes, of course!" ava smiled, gripping joji for a long hug.

ava and joji returned to the old bench and began to ponder the possibilities of their new life.

the end lol

// ayo, i have another joji fic in the works called 'bucket list' so be ready for that ;))) ALSO i had no clue how to end this, so sorry it was shitty oopS