10.

"hello, boys!" max shouted obnoxiously as he took his seat next to joji.

"is this necessary." ava spoke, her voice still groggy, being that it was five in the morning.

"aw, is ava grumpy?" max asked in his best child voice.

"ava is going to kill you if you don't shut up." ava smiled sarcastically.

"i'll take that as a yes." max replied, sinking back in his seat.

"where are we staying?" joji spoke up.

"some hotel in san diego." ian muttered.

+

"now boarding flight 420 to los angeles california." the soft voice echoed through the terminal.

"ha, 420 blaze it." max joked.

ian, ava, and joji collectively glared at max.

"i'm disowning you if you say one more stale ass meme." ian spoke, not breaking the strong eye contact.

"noted." max nodded.

"wait, who am i sitting next to?" max looked down, furrowing his eyebrows at the small ticket.

"me, unfortunately." ian spoke up.

ava and joji stood behind an agitated ian, trying their best to stifle their laughs.

"it's not funny." ian sneered, shaking his head, preparing for what was going to be a very long flight.

+

the sun was setting, purple and pink cotton candy like clouds passed as the plane wings cut through them.

"so beautiful." joji breathed out, focusing on ava.

"i love sunsets." ava said under her breath, watching the clouds in awe.

"yeah, those are beautiful too." joji spoke softly, still admiring ava.

"you're a fucking cheeseball." ava laughed, playfully hitting joji's arm.

"guys, max is sleeping, what should i do to him?" ian whispered from across the aisle.

"maybe put the pillow over his head and suffocate him." joji kindly suggested.

"record this." ian spoke, handing the camera over to joji.

ian pulled out some licorice from his backpack, his hand slowly traveled up to max's parted mouth. ian placed one piece on each side of his mouth, making a sleeping max walrus.

joji zoomed in on max's face as he began to wake up.

"ian, fuck off." max spoke, spitting out the licorice.

"quality content." joji huffed, returning the camera back to ian.

+

"so this is california?" ava spoke, mildly unimpressed.

"what did you expect?" joji chuckled.

"i don't know, i expected it to smell nice. instead i'm picking up the scent of desperation and dead dreams." ava breathed out.

"lets go get the rental car then head to the beach?" ian proposed, joining the three.

"sounds good to me." ava nodded.

+

ian pulled to the front of the lot in a shiny black jeep wrangler.

"no way." ava spoke as her eyes grew wider.

"this is sick." max stated, running his hands along the fairly new car.

"would you guys stop having sexual fantasies about the car and get in?" ian laughed from the drivers seat.

+

"really?" joji mocked from the backseat as ava played california love obnoxiously loud through the speakers.

the loud music blared as the car traveled close to a beach earning multiple looks from people admiring the car, and the people in it.

"let's get a spot close to the water." max led the group to an open area.

as they set up the blanket and umbrella they were approached by a few girls.

"sorry to interrupt, are you filthy frank?" a small, busty blonde questioned.

"uh, yeah?" joji spoke nervously.

"you're a lot hotter in person." she giggled twirling a strand of hair.

"oh, um, thanks?" joji replied as if it were a question again.

"so can we get a picture?" the blonde asked.

"sure." joji smiled faintly, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

the girl handed her phone to ava and then returned next to joji.

the girl sucked in her stomach then pushed her chest out in preparation for the photo.

"one more." the girl spoke before sliding her hand down giving joji's thigh a firm grip.

ava sighed knowing she'll have to deal with crazy fans at the convention. ava wasn't typically the jealous type, but then again, who enjoys watching girls get all touchy with their boyfriend?

"that was awkward." max laughed lightly.

"i'm sorry, that was awful." joji apologized.

"it's not your fault." ava smiled weakly.

"now, lets have some real fun." ian smirked picking up ava.

"ian, put me down." ava argued, squirming around

"okay." ian said, letting ava fall into the water.

as soon as ava made contact with the cold water a screech emerged, earning laughs from joji and max.

"you think this is funny?" ava challenged.

"yeah, it's pretty funny." joji laughed, out of breath.

"so you wouldn't mind if i did this?" ava grinned, splashing the water towards joji.

"you're too far away." joji smirked, unaware of max creeping up behind him.

"that's too bad." ava stifled a laugh.

max snuck up behind joji, pushing him into the water.

"fuck, it's freezing." joji shivered.

"come here, i'll warm you up." ava spoke seductively.

when joji reached ava she leaned in for a kiss but instead, immediately dunked his head under water.