New York Im Back

I had just landed at JFK airport I was glad no one knew I was returning to the U.S that would just cause mayhem with the press. I got my luggage and continued on my way to call a taxi keeping my sun glasses on and my cap on my head I gave the driver the address of howies private house just on the edge of the city before he drove off.

"Jarvis"I call as I step inside "Jarvis"I call again no reply I frown wheeling my suitcase through into the living area. Where could he be I look on the coffee table in the middle of the room finding a note
Have been taken to the SSR base will be back as soon as possible - Jarvis

He's been taken in for questioning why? I sigh before taking my bags to my old room before going back out calling a cab.

Once I get to the station the SSR worked at of corse they hid behind the facade of a phone company.I walk in confidently and gracefully as soon as I'm spotted I hear whispers this is something I was used to especially over in the states "may I help you ms"a gentleman steps in front of me he obviously has no idea who I am "yes I'm here for edwin jarvis"I state "I'm sorry I'm the only male who works here ma'm"the man spoke "right well I know that you know I'm not stupid and this isn't a real phone company so excuse me I have important people to see"I gave him a tight smile getting annoyed with the man "and you are?"the guy asks "Gracie"I hear my name being called before I can reply I look up and see Peggy poking her head out the door "Peggy"I smile walking to my old friend hugging her "how are you English"I smile at her "I'm good I can't believe your back"Peggy smiles "I hear I was needed"I smile "now where's Jarvis"I ask as Peggy smiles up at my slightly taller frame caused by the serum.

Peggy lead me down a hall before we watch her boss and another guy walk through a door revealing Jarvis "chief Dooley I'm afraid I accidentally took your stolen car report"Peggy says to the chief who looks at her annoyed he then looks at me "oh my ms hart"he speaks "hello sorry I don't know who you are"I say lifting my hand "chief Dooley"he shakes my hand "mam it's a honour"he says "hmm shame we meet like this so if your done with my butler friend I would like him back unless of course you have charges against him"I smile at the two men before grinning at Jarvis who smiles at me "if there is anything you do wish to discuss please contact my attorney as he will more than willingly take Mr Jarvis' case" I smile "get your coat Jarvis we have things to do back home"I say before walking away Jarvis following "I'll call you later Peggy"I smile at her as we turn off. "That was Gracie Hart"I hear the chief mutter as I Waltz off.

Me and Jarvis get into a taxi Jarvis opening the door for me like a sweetheart he is "Jarvis it's okay howard isn't around you know that makes me feel uncomfortable"I smile. It's true this new lifestyle I've stepped foot into it's a polar opposite to my life before when getting enough to get the train home from work was hard enough. "Ms hart it's so good to see you I assume mr stark came to you"he smiles "Howie may have dropped by"I smile "and he talked you into coming back"he says "I'm here to supervise while he's away doing what he does that's all Jarvis"I smile. "Have the nightmares calmed"he asks I sigh Jarvis has seen me first hand after one of my nightmares he would make me some tea and just sit with me he was a good friend "I've come to accept they may just be apart of me now"I smile "I've missed you jarvis"I smile as we pull up to the manor "how does pasta sound for dinner"he asks as we get out the taxi paying the driver "sounds delightful I'm exited to see ana"I smile as we walk into the house.

It's around 9 that night the doorbell rings Jarvis answers. "Peggy"I smile as she walks into the living room "Gracie still surprised your here I'm betting Howard played a part in why your back"she says I nod "what's in the bag"I ask.

We walk through to the vault "Howard said he believed the robber had advanced technology assistants"I state looking down at the hole in the ground Peggy leaning down with a torch "Howard believes brushing your teeth needs advanced technological assistance"Peggy says I laugh as the 3 of us lean down looking down the hole lit up by Peggy's torch. I whistle down the hole hearing it echo back "shall we"Peggy ask I nod. Me and Peggy help Jarvis get roped up "you've done this before"Peggy's observes Jarvis "yes before the war"he replies I tie Peggy and Jarvis together strapping the rope to a hook on the belt I put on "ready"I ask the two they nod "okay"I push them off over the hole using my strength to old them up pulling the rope we hooked to the sealing lowering them down. Once they get to the bottom Peggy unhooks them "be back soon"I call down the hole. As I lean back from the hole.

I wonder round the house waiting for the two to return I sit in my bedroom before pulling out a book. It's tattered and old I stroke over the rips and tears in it sighing before opening it to the first page. A picture of me and bucky  is the first picture in the book i was just 17 in this picture it was taken on buckys 18th we were at a carnival close to Brooklyn bridge and we had snuck off with my mothers old camera steve took pictures of me and bucky under Brooklyn bridge him holding me bridal style. I stroke the picture smiling at he memory. I look down at my necklace looking at the engagement ring that lay on the chain. I turn to the next page seeing me steve and bucky I'm hugging the twiggy steve into my side while bucky lean over laughing as me and steve laugh amongst ourselves I don't remember when this was taken but I look about 20. After half hour of skipping though the book I come to the last photo it was of bucky and steve in uniform me resting my head on buckys shoulder in my own uniform holding steves hand as the 3 of us smile at the camera it was the last picture we ever took before bucky passed my chest clenches as I slam the book shut. As soon as I get the two out of the hole they briefly explain what's next before we are in the car and off towards the harbour.

it's dark but they seem adamant this is where the devices are. We pull over looking at a boat "well she looks to have seen better days"Jarvis says from the front with Peggy "it's connected to the electric someone's using it"Peggy says as she loads her gun I raise a brow pulling out my own cocking it "I see you ladies come prepared don't suppose you have another one of those"Jarvis asks looking between me and Peggy who sits in front of me "sorry Jarvis just stay behind us"I smile as me and Peggy exit the car. We walk down the wooden pier towards the boat we climb onto it down a ladder leading down a hall into a red room Peggy holding a torch the ground groans as we walk across it further into the room. We see boxes netting over them I pull the netting off "bingo careful some can be skittish"Jarvis says looking at the crates "very well aware of that"Peggy says opening the first box. A green glow repels from
The box she lifts a device "I remember you nasty little bugger"Jarvis says "what does it do"I ask looking at it "it causes catastrophic muscles contractions it was originally designed for back massage"Jarvis explains "oh well didn't turn out so well for Howie huh"I smile tightly "right lets call it in"Peggy puts it down walking away "ms Carter I'm not sure you have thought this through you can't reveal that you found these items"Jarvis says "I cant bloody leave them here for someone else to find"she sighs "I suggest"jarvis is cut off "and I'm not handing them over to you for them to get stolen the next time you feel sleepy"Peggy snaps "I could help there I'll call it in change my voice anonymous tip all done"I shrug "no I can call it in myself"Peggy says Jarvis snaps and starts firing questions at Peggy as she struggles to respond "agent carter how did you come to recover the stolen items?""leet brannis told me where they were""and how did you come into contact with me brannis""I have been conducting my own private investigation with Howard stark""what is you relationship with Howard stark have you been in contact with him since his disappearance are you collaborating with stark a know traitor and fugitive from justice publicly declaring this stuff won't clear mr starks name only place you under suspicion along with him"Jarvis finishes with a sigh after proving his point "do you see they say I've had I will call them in and they'll respect me" she says "no they won't you'll just make yourself look bad and Howard even worse Peggy women to women this is not how you gain the respect of the men you work with"I sigh "if you wanna help Howie do it from the shadows"I reason she sighs "there is a phone box across the street call it in"she sighs walking away.

I walk to the phone box Jarvis behind me a man answers "hello I got a hot tip for you Howard starks inventions are on a boat on dock 12 south side pier" I put on my best southern accent sounding rough "who is this"the man asks "just a pal"I reply looking at Jarvis who nods "how did you get his number"he asks "have a good night sir"I say hanging up "right all good"Jarvis smiles at me I nod "high five"I lift my hand Jarvis looks hesitant but high fives me "good job pal"I smile as we walk off.

Me and Jarvis go back to get Peggy when we enter she's being beat by some big guy I take my gun out going to shoot he knocks it out my hand catching his attention I kick him back he goes flying into he metal wall I grab him up he hits out i dodge flipping him on his back he head butts me I fall back he grabs Jarvis pushing him against a wall I look at Peggy on the ground groaning before I stand grabbing Howard's invention placing it on his back his arm glowing green before he falls "well that works"I say "not if you want a massage"Jarvis says as he coughs Peggy stands picking up a pipe hitting the guy knocking him out "that was fun"she jokes I frown "we left for 15 minutes"I shake my head hearing more people coming "that would be your friends"I say to Peggy "we can't leave him here he's a witnesses"Peggy says "no time"I say grabbing her hand pulling her and Jarvis along as we escape.