Beauty With The Brains

Me and Howard walk around the lab discussing possible Solutions with dr wilks who we keep spraying to see when Peggy walks in "your back"Peggy says shocked "yeah and there good"wilks says looking at me and Howard drawing on the white boards "the industries good"Howie says "and I'm good for a women"I smirk looking at dr wilks before looking back at the board "excellent chances are he'll need a job once he regains his real self"Peggy says "and how are we gonna gain my corporal real self"dr wilks asks "we will get there we just need to focus"Howard says as I lean down picking up the rubber "although with Gracie like that.."Howard trails off I stand scoffing "Howie"I scold him for looking at my ass. "Who wants a coffee, Irish coffee Jarvis"Howard yells running out "wait what about the Yorkshire tea he makes"I yell after him he don't reply. I stand staring between Peggy and wilks "well I bet you two need time I'm gonna go help find Jarvis"i awkwardly grin running out.

We have been working all night and honestly I was so tried Howard was hyper because of the coffee he's drank "have you slept"Peggy says walking in "no just coffee"Howard replies she looks at me who's almost falling asleep on the chair "Gracie maybe you should take a break"Peggy says "it's fine we can do that on the plane to Peru"I yawn "to where now"Peggy asks "the country Peru me and Gracie realised we need a expert in gravitational pull and so we are gonna go ask my old professor abnal Brody"Howard says "hold down the lab we will be back lets go"Howard grabs my hand pulling me up and out "see you Peggy"I call to her.

We had been in Peru for a few days now and found nothing honestly this was starting to annoy me "remember that one time in 43 when dr erskine tried explaining to me just how he created the serum and he just said that complicated riddle and walked off and I stood there confused that's how confused I am right now"I sigh as Howie sighs too as I lay on his chest and yawn Howard strokes my hair "Peggy's worth it though she likes the doc"Howie says stroking my hair "yeah I kinda feel like she's rebounding cause Sousa is getting engaged"I sigh "you think so"he asks "Sousa moved to LA cause he loved Peggy and she couldn't return that love because she still loved steve now she's back around him she realised she may love him to but he is with another"I sigh "you sound like you know the feeling"Howie says I frown I do I know what it's like to want a rebound Howie is kinda that but I don't say that aloud "I mean I get what it's like to try find someone who can make you forget the love of your life"I admit "Am I that for you"howie asks making the two of us sit up "howie I care about you but"he cuts me off "you still love James"he sighs before standing up making me stand "can we not fight right now"I sigh "I'm not mad I knew you had been waiting for a moment to mention that to me for a while"he admits "I love James I always will but I'm happy with you"I frown "how long can I keep you happy Gracie I'm not Barnes"he Sighs walking out "well that's not how I wanted it to happen"I sigh sitting back down regretting the last conversation.

"So your okay"I sigh over the phone as Peggy explains she took a stab. "Yes Gracie I'm all good"she sighs "and you wanna trust Dottie"I frown "I would send you but your in Peru with Howard how's that going by the way"she asks I sigh "you don't want an answer to that"I sigh "that does not sound to good"she whines "I'll let you know of any breakthrough"I say "okay"Peggy says there's a silent pause "are you okay Gracie you sound drained"Peggy asks "I'm fine"I sigh "is it Howard?"she asks "we hit a bump nothing to do with the research that's just a brick wall but I kinda admired to him he may be a rebound"I sigh to my only female friend "ouch Gracie"Peggy sighs "I did t actually call him a rebound I just admitted in more or less words that I still love Bucky and that I think I always will"I confess "I'm guessing he didn't take it well"Peggy says "he wasn't mad I think he's just upset"I admit "I'll talk to him we will work it out I hope"I sigh "I gotta go I'll call you when I know something more"I say ending the call before Peggy can reply.

It had been a few days without contact from the others when I got a call "Peggy"I frown looking at the time it must have been like 3am where she was "its ana Gracie she's been shot"she says quietly "oh my god is she okay"I ask quickly sitting up straight "she's in surgery"Peggy explains as my eyes tear up "I'll get Howard and we'll fly back"I say getting up from my seat "no no Gracie you have to stay and find answers"Peggy says "no I can't do that she's a friend Peggy if it means that much Howard will stay but I'm coming back"I say pointedly "I'll be on the plane in an hour I'll see you by the early afternoon"I say hanging up. Once I had explained to Howie what happened he was sad about it I could tell but he didn't say anything "I'm gonna take what we have on zero matter and see if it can be of any help"I say packing everything up "Gracie"Howard says from his place at the door "and oh my god doc has been taken does that mean this was all for nothing cause he could be dead for real right now"I ramble more "Gracie"Howard says louder snapping me out of my mind I look up at him he comes to me hugging me I hug back "ana is gonna be fine just go and be there for Jarvis don't stress yourself out he is gonna need you to be strong for him"Howie sighs into my hair "your right"I nod "I have to go I'll call you when I land and know something"I say picking up my bag "and howie we still have to talk"I sigh we hadn't brought up the other nights conversation I knew howie was avoiding it like it never happened "we will when we next meet"he nods sadly I smile sadly and kiss his cheek before rushing off.