Sweetness is Weakness

I stood by Jarvis as he negotiated with the smugglers I kept my hood up and my glasses on "and who's this lady your body guard"one scoffed fiddling with the gun in his hand making Gracie roll her eyes "not quite it's our last offer boys take it or leave it"I snap "it's okay I have 50'000 more that's all I have"Jarvis says handing them the case I look up seeing Peggy "count it"one of the smugglers says to the other "your gonna count the ransom in front of us"Jarvis says "our boss is very precise"the guy says opening the box I put my sleeve over my face as a green gas is released Peggy coming behind the men knocking him out after the glass clears making them choke. "Lets hope our package is in one piece"I say walking over to the box pulling the lock off with my bare hands pulling the door open revealing Howie "well if it isn't americas sweet heart with my favourite foreigners"Howie smiles I roll my eyes playfully as he leans up from the pool table I look around the big crate "did you really need all this"I ask Howie "of course"he smirks picking up a pool ball throwing behind the 2 women and butlers head hitting the last remaking guy.

We sit in the car Peggy up front with Jarvis me in the back Howard laying across my lap. I fidgeted uncomfortable "so how are you two getting along I sent Gracie to keep the peace if it wasn't working out"Howie says muffled by his awkward position across me and the back seat "stop fidgeting"I I hit his leg "ouch Gracie why"he whines I scoff rolling my eyes Howard spurts some facts about Jarvis and Peggy letting them get to know each other as I sigh getting annoyed with Howie moving "Howard you came back to New York risking being caught by every American intelligence agency why"Peggy asked cutting Howie off "lets get back to my place we will have some cherry and I'll explain everything"Howie sighs "stop here"Peggy says as Jarvis pulls over "we are only a block from the house"Jarvis says confused Peggy points out 2 agents undercover "make a left"Jarvis turns "why are they watching the house the lease is in my name"I frown "yes and I'm guessing your under suspicion yourself ms hart"Jarvis says "yeah because being americas only super soldier and the best friend of the former one dont give me a no traitor pass"I sigh "why did I get involved"I scold myself "you have picked up a little attitude haven't you love"Howie smirks at me from his position "Howie this isn't funny"I sigh. Peggy explains how's since a fellow agent of hers got killed there probably gonna put Me under watch because being a super soldier would be just the right cover and how I just showed up raised eyebrows as well "so where can I hide"Howie sighs Peggy sigh "make a right up ahead"she instructs Jarvis. "Look after him will you peg"I sigh as we drop the two round the back of Peggy's place "your not coming"Howard looks at me "I can't I'm under watch remember"I sigh he nods getting out leaning into the car through the window "so like we can go on that date after this mess is over right"Howie asks I scoff pushing his face out the car window rolling it up "lets go home Jarvis"I say as he pulls away from Peggy and Howard.

The next day I sit eating when there's a knock on the door Jarvis answers leading in a blonde man he's one of the agents i saw the other day "ah hello agent I didn't get your name the other day"I frown "agent Thompson"he introduces "it's a pleasure to meet you I've heard many story's about you and captain Rogers you were engaged to Sargent Barnes of the howling commandos right"he asks "I'm sure that's not what your here to talk about"i since standing turning away from him "make yourself at home"I say as he takes a seat "I'm here to talk about Howard stark he's a old friend and work colleague of yours is he not"Thompson says I sigh turning "Jarvis would you be a babe and make us some tea how do you take you tea"I ask Thompson "3 sugars"he says I smile tightly as Jarvis leaves the room. I take a seat across from him "me and Howard worked together on project rebirth"I explain "right he was an inventor for the project what did you do on the project"he asks "Howard approached me after I got my degree in doctoring and science asking if I wanted to assist doctor erskine"I answer "right and so you did you helped him enough for him to trust you with the last batch of serum that now runs through your vains"he says "yep"I sigh "after the war you stayed close to stark you two even moved in together before you went travelling did he ever mention weapon deals or his inventions to you"he asks "Howard invented a lot of things some he mentioned he kept the ones that didn't work out away from me and everyone he locked them away he wouldn't have dealt them to anyone because he wouldn't even allow those he trusted most to go near them"I state "so you believe he was robbed"Thompson says Jarvis entering with tea for us both "I do agent"I say taking my tea and taking a sip. "You can go Jarvis"I say as he leaves again "or maybe you knew what he was doing and it was to hard for you to deal with so you went Of to London"Thompson speculates "you think I'm that weak that I'd allow a traitor to continue dealing as he pleases if I knew about it"I frown "then you are more stupid than I first thought"I sigh "Howard is innocent and until you can find him and prove he is what you say he is and is guilty then I will stand by what I say"I take a sip of my tea "if that's all"I start but he cuts me off "why haven't you joined your fellow howling commandos I hear they work in Europe a lot nowadays cleaning up what's left of hydra but you, you sit around here doing nothing with the gift you stole from someone else and wonder why women never get asked to do important tasks"he hisses I glare at him "your fiancé James Barnes he was a good soldier the only commando to give his life for the cause and your best bud Steven Rogers what would he think of you sitting and doing nothing in a house paid for by traitor money"he continues to taunt my eyes glass over with tears as I stand "get out"I hiss he stands "you claim to be so virtuous but you do nothing you spit on the memory of James Barnes and captain America"he hisses I turn away as tears fall grabbing my stomach "get out"I scream this causes Jarvis to come in "agent I believe the lady asked you to leave"Jarvis says "I'm going"he says "I looked up to captain America as a veteran myself but you.. you won't ever be like him"he says walking out. When the door closes I let tears fall and a sob leave my lips I run off to my room Jarvis following but I slam my door locking it sliding down the door "ms hart ms hart please come out"Jarvis pleads "leave me alone Jarvis"I say getting up and throwing myself onto my bed crying into pillows. Soon I hear Jarvis leave the house.