Chapter 3 The letter of freedom

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF

WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDARY

HEADMASTER : ALBUS DUMBLEDORE

Dear Mr Black,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find an enclosed list of all necessary books and equipment.

Term begins on 1st September. We await your owl by no later than 31st July.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva Mcgonagall
Deputy Headmistress

Excitement swelled inside of him as he read and thought of how it will be there. The feasts, a wand, Quidditch but most importantly all the pranks he could play. Being a black with no dark thoughts, he doubted he would make any friends but he would see to that .

"Earth to Sirius, where did you go off to, happy birthday by the way." Said Regulus. "Yeah thanks and ohh would you like to go to Diagon ally with me as obviously our dear parents wouldn't." The surprised brother said "Rea...really. I.....don't ......Yeah, sure. I would love to."

Sirius was feeling blissful. He had a feeling like Regulus would be different than his family, maybe more like him.

Suddenly out of thin air a dingy house elf called Kreature appeared. "Mistress wants both masters in the dining hall" he said with a very low bow. Both confused, trotted down the stairs towards the dining room.

"What do you think does she want now. Just rewind 15 minutes and think, didn't she say she did not want us out of the room." Sirius stopped in his tracks with a horrified expression on his face and said "Please tell me this is not about that before Hogwarts tradition." "Booh Yah" and a mischievous smile was the only answer he got.

Reaching the room both the brothers moved towards their mother who was sitting with a lady by her side and talking to her with a smile which was only reserved for the guests, the once unfortunate to meet her.

"Yes sure, we would make certain before going to Hogwarts he will be totally renewed and would uphold the honour of being a Black." And now Sirius' suspicions confirmed. Regulus coughed but it sounded like he was hiding a laugh.

"So you are here, boys. Meet Miss Susan Warrington, she is the head of 'The Warrington Etiquette Classes.' One of the best and she will guide you through them."

Sirius had now developed an instinct for finding if a person was genuinely nice or a fraud and this Warrington lady seemed to be okay.

"The first lesson is to bow and kiss the hand of a lady when you greet her." And Sirius started to dislike her right then because he doesn't bow to anyone but was forced to do so under the glaring eyes of his mother.

Regulus followed his lead. Some information was filled in a parchment and they were allowed to go back to their room and Sirius was asked to pack his bag for a 14 day trip to the classes though he was sure he would not make out of it alive.

More than himself he was worried about his parents trying to turn Regulus dark so as a return gift he presented Regulus with an enchanted mirror through which he could talk and get updated on him.

The mirror was a present from his Uncle Alfard, who had been a Ravenclaw and had given him that as a small get away to talk him whenever things got overwhelming.

As Sirius Black packed his bags he felt a little sad and annoyed but did he know that another person was mirroring his actions and he was going on a journey to meet his brother, a fellow prankster, his future partner in crime and a new future for himself.
A/N Please read,recommend,vote and review...