Day one: part 2

After some time Lily came in with three other girls.

The girls sat near opposite the four boys but Lily hesitated and had a look of repulsion on her face but sat there anyway.

“Hi, I am Emmeline Vance, this is Mary McDonald and I believe you have met Lily Evans, and that is Marlene McKinnon”

Marlene had dark brown hair with deep blue eyes and seemed like the one with attitude, while Mary had short black hair with light green eyes and was the shy type.

Emmaline had blond hair in a bun and blue eyes.

“Hi, I am Sirius Black.” Sirius said with a charming smile and you could even hear some girls from the left of them sigh.

“James Potter.” He said it with a dazzling smile, which earned him another sigh. “Remus Lupin and this is Peter Pettigrew.”

“Sirius Black, you had a howler today, didn’t you. Didn’t want to get insulted so, chickened out of breakfast.” Marlene tauntingly stated.

“Oh no, I was thinking of having a betting pool on how many times would I be called a disappointment. Unfortunately, I was in a battle with a dragon in the highly discouraged forest last night so I slept in a little.” Sirius replied. “Sure.”

Marlene rolled her eyes and said, “That girl Gwen opened it, wasn’t pleasant.”

“Oh yeah, where is Gwen.” “She is sitting at the end of the table, alone.”

“I have finished, I will ask her to come join us.” Remus said getting up and walking to the end of the table.

There he found Gwen sitting and shifting the food on her plate here and there.

“Hi” “Hi Remus” “Gwen, we are sitting there with some girls. Come there, we can eat together.” She was a little hesitant but agreed.

Remus introduced Gwen to the girls and she sat next to Lily.

“Lily, you seem really quite.” Gwen asked Lily. “These boys are really not the type of people I would prefer to sit with.”

She said and sighed looking at the Slytherin table.

“Lily you should understand that Slytherins do not associate with muggle-borns. You will get hurt, I am warning you.”

“You don’t know what you are talking about. All Slytherins are not the same, Sev is different.”

“I bet you that he will refuse to talk to you in front of his house, he will let your friendship remain a secret.”

Lily huffed and started eating her food and ignored Gwen for the rest of lunch.

The other classes were rather uneventful and they reached the common room tired from the day.

“I will get started on the homework.” Lily and Remus said together, followed by laughter.

James and Sirius sat talking about their first prank.

“I was thinking of something small at first, you know, build up a image slowly.” James said, “Like simple dung bombs.”

Sirius’ expression was not very excited but became hopeful when James said, “BUT, let’s turn it pink and set it off under the Slytherin table.”

 Sirius laughed and they started talking about the timings when Gwen came and sat on the floor in front of them saying.

“What about a signature. To let people know that they have a group of brilliant pranksters between them.”

“How do you know we are brilliant and what are we talking about? Also pranksters don’t get caught. Won’t someone recognise the sign?” Sirius fired the questions in her direction.

She wasn’t fazed. “Sirius, do you doubt your and James’ pranking abilities?”

“No” “So I don’t have any reason to doubt them too. Second, I was beginning to wonder when would you do your first prank, so seeing you sitting with than stupid grin, I knew that was the topic of your conversation, and lastly if you are truly a prankster, you wouldn’t worry about getting caught.”

‘Did we hear the word prank?” they heard a voice from near the fire and turned to see two identical people sitting in two chairs, the same Sirius had met in Zonkos.

“Sirius, right?” they said looking at the boy with long hair, “Already planning a prank on your first day.” “Fabian and Gideon, if I remember correctly. And, yes we are planning. Want to help.”

They nodded and they sat together. “I am James Potter.” “Fabian and Gideon Prewett, we are the star pranksters of Hogwarts and we are trying to find someone who would continue the race of pranksters but couldn’t find ones, till now. Maybe you could uphold that honour.”

Fabian said and Gideon took up the sentence where he left, “But that remains to see. It will be decided upon your skill and level of pranking.”

“We also have a friend who helps us, his name is Bilius Wealey, the fifth year prefect, and you have met him.”

They took up each other’s sentences like they knew what the other was going to say, being identical twins maybe they did.

“We would have taken the title any way.” But before James could continue Gideon said.

“Who were you talking to earlier.” Reminding them of Gwen. “That is Gwen.”

They turned to see Gwen sitting in the same position as before and was looking at the fire, without seeing it, her eyes seemed to be looking beyond just the physical world, they were very fearful, and that expression looked out of ordinary on her face but then she came out of the trance, closed her eyes for a second and looked at them again like nothing happened, the expression now gone.

 “I think I will call it a night, I am tired. Think about what I said.” She got up and left. While the four boys paid no further attention to this after a few moments, all of this was seen by Remus, who was left in confusion.

He could not erase what he saw from his mind, it seemed weird and suspicious, but he knew that the girl who called herself Gwen was wrapped in a layer of secrets. She wore a mask, and behind it was something unknown, good or bad he knew not. She seemed to know all that was happening, like it was familiar to her, and he was afraid she would become familiar his secret, but he decided that he would figure her out, before she unclosed his closely guarded secret.

A/N  Hi everyone, sorry for the late update, but here is a buig chapter, thanks for all the voted and reads... please keep reading and recommend my story to your friends.. and if you know what is up with Gwen then personal message me and I will dedicate a chapter to you... 😆😆 Let's see what your imagination  brings you💛💛