Chapter: The Red head

Sirius and James stepped onto the train just in time for it to move. Mr potter had already put their trunks in one compartment so they just went in, but they were not alone.

In one of the seats sat a girl with fiery red hair with her hands on her face and her body quivered like she was sobbing.

 James being himself said, “Excuse me, are you all right.” But then he seemed to analyse his question and mended, ‘no what a stupid question, you are obviously not all right you are crying, and the better question would be why are you crying.”

The girl removed her hands opened her eyes, they were a beautiful shade of green and reminded them of emeralds. Her eyes were puffy and red due to sobbing.

“I am sorry, I am fine.” “Hello sorry and fine, I am James potter and this is Sirius black.” The girl laughed and said, “Sure, my name is Lily Evans not fine and sorry, by the way.”

James and Sirius sat down opposite to her and just then a boy came into the compartment and said, “Oh my god lily, I have been trying to find you everywhere and why were you crying.”

This boy and black eyes and his hair were slimy and stuck to his face.

He sat down next to lily and She said, “Sev, you shouldn’t have been rude to tuney, she was already angry because we went through her stuff and read the post, now she is ignoring me.”

“Oh Lily, she shouldn’t have talked to you like that and neither should have called you a freak for being what you are. And what do we care, we are finally off to Hogwarts.” said Sev. “I care, she is my sister.”

 During this conversation, James and Sirius had started talking about pranks that they could play.

When their companions stopped talking Sirius asked the red head, “So, which house are you hoping to land in?” “Slytherin, that is the house Sev will be in. I want to be with him. But Gryffindor would be fine too.”

“Why would someone want to be in Slytherin and specially a muggle born, that would be a torture.” said James and the girl replied and they could feel her temper rising, “How does it matter if I am a muggle born in Slytherin and how did you know.”  

“He said she called you a freak for being what you are, it is understood and Slytherin is the house of well, Salazar Slytherin and the trait of that house is purity of blood which they take a little more seriously and now have become prats that think they are better because their blood is pure. Just saying so no need to wear your anger on your nose.”

Lily seemed a little fazed by this information, but she stood up and moved out saying, “That’s what you think. Come on Sev. Let’s find a new compartment."