Chapter: First night

Sirius was sitting on the Gryffindor table with his friends and enjoying the toasts and marmalade when a black owl came and sat on the table. To it’s leg was tied a red letter with the black family crest on it.

 The howler burst open and the magnified voice of Walburgha black said, “SIRIUS BLACK A TRAITOR TO THE FAMILY, DISSAPOINTMENT, and SHAMING THE NOBLE HOUSE OF BLACK. GOT YOURSELF SORTED INTO GRYFFINDOR THE HOUSE OF BLOOD TRAITORS AND MUDBLOOD LOVERS....” the voice stopped and everything was turning around.

 James stood up and said, “A traitor, a Black, You are sure to be evil, no one would be friends with you.” Remus took up the trail of insults, “Vicious creature. You are nothing but evil.” They all stood and left him.

He was home for Christmas. He lay on the floor with his mother above his subjecting him to the Cruciatus curse, then his father, and then Regulus with a death eater tattoo saying, “You are a traitor to the family, you are no brother of mine.”

Regulus took his wand and changed to his father, “No son of mine would be in Gryffindor Avada kadavra.” Green light came towards him and he woke up gasping for breath.

 He jumped out of his bed and ran towards his trunk. He took out his Gryffindor tie and charms book and went through it trying to turn it into green and silver. He went through some pages when he heard a voice say, “Sirius, what are you doing”

James had woken up, “Nothing” “Sirius, what are you doing?” He asked again, “Trying to turn my tie green, I am in Slytherin” “No, you are in Gryffindor.” “No, my mother will kill me.” “Sirius, you are exaggerating, no mother would kill her own son.” “Mine would.” Sirius said sadly.

James sat up saying, "OK, Mr Melodrama, I will help you, now that I am up" and tried to help but to no avail.

Seeing no option left he went to Remus’ bed and woke him up, “Hey, Remus we need your help, we are trying to find a charm to turn Sirius’ tie green, help us please.”

“Why do you want to turn your tie green Sirius?” he asked sleepily, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes and got out of bed.

“His mother will kill him if he becomes a Gryffindor.”  “He already is a Gryffindor. The sorting has been done.” “I don’t care. If you can help me good or I will do it on my own.” Sirius said dramatically and set to work again.

“Ok, I will help you. You have been looking in the wrong book. This is a work of Transfiguration not charms.” They all set to work trying to find the spell; it was at last Remus who found it.

“Got it, Colovaria.” Remus did the spell and then said, “Wait, you can’t stay here; you have to go to the Slytherin dormitory. I saw a prefect taking the Slytherins to the Dungeons.”

“But we will get caught wouldn’t we.” Sirius said. “Wait here.”James said and went to his trunk and started searching for something.

He finally took out a silvery cloth big enough for the boys to fit in. James rounded his hands and put the cloak on his body.

Suddenly James wasn’t there, it was only a floating head, and they couldn’t see his body. “See” “There is nothing to see.” Remus said. “Whoa, invisibility cloak, where did you get it?” Sirius said.

“My father gave it to me saying ‘I wish you a very prankful year at Hogwarts’ Now come on we don’t have all night, do we.” Remus, Sirius and James, now wearing the cloak walked past the stairs, the fat lady and moved through the corridors.

“I’m the invisible man

I’m the invisible man

Incredible how you can

See Right through me

When you hear a sound

 That you just Can’t  place”

James sang, but stopped seeing the look on the face of his friends, “What? It’s a muggle song. Children in the park were singing it the other day.”

“No, you just sing very well” Remus said and walked on. They went through corridors and the moving staircases and other classrooms, stumbling, moving and giggling.

At last they reached the dungeons, and James said, “We have reached your destination, Mr Black. Now we must part our ways.” James said with a mock salute.

Sirius stared at them realised that he didn’t want to be a Slytherin, he wanted to be brave, and he wanted to be a Gryffindor, a Gryffindor like these children he was standing with, they didn’t even know him properly and risked detention to help him. He wanted to be a brave person; he wanted to be brave at heart. He was not like his family. He would be a Gryffindor, a true Gryffindor.

“No, my destination is Gryffindor tower, I am a Gryffindor. I have changed my mind, let’s go back.”

He said and smiled seeing the astonished expression on his friend’s face. They went back to the dorm and Sirius lay on his bed, waiting for sunrise, waiting for the howler that would surely come.

A/N Hii!! I don't think it turned out as I would have wanted it but still...Thanks for reading, if you have any suggestions please PM me, if you liked this chapter please give it a big star, comment ,reccoment bluh bluh bluh bluh bluh...Bye.💚💚