Wishing I was Someone Else; Dove's POV

My sister is fabulous. That's an understatement. My mom says I am fabulous too, cause I'm part of this dumb "prophecy". So? It's my sister who gets the guys, gets the girl BFFs, and the out of this world grades. My closest and only friend is Fern. She gets me. She understands how it's like to have a shining sister. I feel bad for her. She has two! One perfect sis is enough. TWO??! I wouldn't survive!

Fern and I walked into school. I took a deep breath. Calm down, Dove. I thought. It's a new year. A new start. I can totally branch out, and be more outgoing! My new school was Clan Call Middle School. Then, came the high school and then, college. I nodded at Jay and Liam, only because we worked with each other. It's not like they stopped by to say hello.

As I walked by, Holly glared at me. She was still mad about the fact that I "stole" her "powers". So?! Did I ask to be born? No! Fate chose me! So she can stop her whining and face the facts! Still, it was bad enough that one of the most popular girls in school hated me. I couldn't handle that much. "Dove!" whispered Fern. "What?" I asked. "Don't glare! The clique of girls are already ready to kill you!" Oops. One mistake already.

Suddenly, I bumped into Breeze. "Hey! Watch it!" he yelled. I whimpered. Picked on the biggest bully in school. "Way to go, Dove," I muttered sarcastically. "What did you say?" he asked, threateningly. "Nothing!" I answered quickly. "Oh, you're in for it!" he exclaimed. Fern was too scared to help. I couldn't blame her. But at least she was still there.

"Hey! Stop it!" yelled a mysterious voice. "Ooooh!" a bunch of girls sighed. I rolled my eyes. I don't know who this guy was, but he definitely sounded cocky. Breeze put me down almost instantly. Then, when I opened my eyes, I saw Tom(aka Tigerheart).

"Ugh!" I exclaimed. Of all people, it had to be Tom Everson. He is super annoying, but still ridiculously cute. And I hate him for that. "Hi......" he said hesitating. Wow! Mr.Cocky is shy, huh? That was a first!

I jumped up. "Well, it was nice knowing you, bye!" I exclaimed quickly. "Wait!" he yelled. "Ugh, what now?" I asked. "Could, could I have your number?" he asked. I blushed hard. One of the most popular guys in school wants my number? This was just too weird. I quickly scribbled it on a sky blue piece of paper, and whispered softly, "Bye." He just stood there in amazement, replying, "Bye."

...............

Breeze's POV

I don't mean to be a bully. I really don't. It's kinda like instincts. Like when that shy girl Dove bumped into me, I didn't really mean to threaten her. It just sort of just came to me. Seriously! That Tom just had to come out and act like some hero, and "save" her.

The truth is, I really don't like being mean. It's not really my fault. My mom loves me. Just that, she's a little overprotective. And my dad? Don't even get me started on my dad. He acts like I'm not even his son. Just some kid that he lives with. Sigh.

..............

Tom's POV

Man, this is sort of weird. I've liked Dove for as long as I can remember, but I never even had the guts to ask her for her for her number. Even her handwriting is cute. I thought. And she was scribbling it!

For the rest of the day, I was in some sort of daze. "Uhh, Tom, are you okay? You're in some sort of daze!" asked my brother Finn (Flametail). "I'm fine!" I exclaimed. I didn't want anybody to know. The thing is, it was sort of dangerous. That was one reason why it was so exciting. The danger. It was mysterious.

The truth is, I wasn't supposed to like her. She was from the Thunder Campus. I was from the Shadow Campus. Our campus's practically hated each other. One reason I liked her was because she was mysterious. She wasn't loud or popular. Just simple. And that somehow made me like her even more.