Still Searching; Fern's POV

I've still been thinking if I really like Brian. I also think that Poppy knows that I like him. How? Idk. All I'm thinking about is how I'm going to survive Science. Why is everything about boys? Ugh, if only life was as good as the fairy tales.

Dove, however is going through a MAJOR breakdown. I wish I could help. But I'm going through life and death problems too. I had finished my project with Brian. He invited me to his house. But should I go? I was never really close to Hazel(his sis) and it was Mark's fault that Brian chose to date Poppy.

We decided to meet up at the mall. I was choosing something to wear when Poppy stopped me. "Where do you think you're going?" she asked. Her eyes narrowed, into tiny, little slits. It seemed like the sweet older sister was gone. In her place was a love-sick girl who would do anything to get her crush to like her.

"Umm, my room?"I answered back. That was true. What was I supposed to do, go to the mall naked? Of course not! I was getting my outfit! She glared at me and for a brief second I saw my sister's true self. I guess she really did love him... And that made me feel even more guilty for liking him.

I was positive she was going to block my path and tell me to wear some dumb outfit and live with that. But she didn't. Instead she just walked away into her room, and I heard her laugh. That's strange, I thought. But I didn't have time to think.

That was what suited me

That was what suited me. I took the city bus and went over to Carter Clan's Shopping Mall. I headed to a cafe nearby I saw Brian. I was about to wave when I saw him with another girl! And it was Poppy! She seemed to be flirting with him. He saw me, and he was so surprised. "Fern, wait, it isn't what you think it is!" I didn't care. My crush, how could he?! And my sister? I thought we were friends!

 My crush, how could he?! And my sister? I thought we were friends!

I took a shortcut through the woods. I cried long and hard. How could my sister do this to me? I thought. I thought she was my friend! I finally reached home. I burst in my room, not bothering to say hello to my mom. Instead I dashed up the staircase and jumped face down on my bed. The cheery, bright colors did not match my mood.

I heard Poppy's voice come up the stairs. Looks like she's back from her date, I thought, spitefully. I heard a soft knock on my door. "Come in," I said, groggily. Cindy opened the door, giving me a comforting smile. "I heard, Fern. I'm so sorry." she said sadly.

She gave me a hug and let me be. I sighed. Things had certainly changed. Now the same things that had happened to Dove had happened to me. I now understood how she felt.

..........................

Poppy's POV

I had come home from flirting with Brian. I ABSOLUTELY did not know he was waiting for Fern. But it had kinda felt good to mess with her head after her liking him. However, I was NOT prepared for what trouble it would cause. As I pranced through the doorway I came face to face with Cindy. My sister as well as BFF.

Cindy looked like she was gonna explode, and it didn't look good on her. I was nervous, because she almost NEVER raises her voice. And when she does? It isn't pretty. "Poppy, why would you sabotage Fern's date?!?" I hesitated for about a millisecond. "I wouldn't really call it a date, don't you think? It was more of an informal meeting between them." I said.

Cindy looked furious. "Poppy, you knew how important to Fern this was. But what do you do? You ruin it, and make her feel ruined in the process!" I paused. This wasn't going to be good. I waited for her to say more, but she didn't. She just spun around and went to check on Fern.

Things are reversing, I thought. Now it was Fern everyone was worried about. And I didn't like it at all.