It Doesn't Get Worse Than This; Dove's POV

Tom and I have a secret relationship. I love him. He loves me. There's nothing wrong with that, right? There are a few problems to this relationship, obviously. First of all, Buddy probably likes me. I mean, his sister Briar even told me so! It just complicates things. I could tell that she didn't really like me very much. But I don't have time to worry about this. Ivy came back home, just when Dad and Mom were fighting.

I slipped downstairs without my parents noticing. I hid behind the couch, surprised to find Ivy there. She nodded sadly. "You here for the same reason?" I nodded. Even without talking, we knew what we were both thinking. It's a twin thing, you know? We quietly listened, waiting for the arguing to start. It always happened.

And it did. Today was no exception.

"How COULD you, Brandon?!"exclaimed my mother. "It's worse even DOING it, but not now! With a child coming, you can't just abandon the family! They will never grow up with their father! How, why would you?!" Ivy and I looked at each other, our eyes widening. A CHILD?! We might have a brother or sister? I could hear my mother crying through her tears. "This is my choice, Whitney. Please don't cry!" The last part seemed to be warmer, and sadder.

Ivy and I had to face it. Our perfect family was falling apart.

We both entered the kitchen at the same time. My mother wiped her tears away quickly and through forced words, she said, "What are you girls doing here?" Ivy shook her head. "Don't try to lie Mom. We know you guys are fighting." Dad sighed and sat on the armchair, while Mom sat on the opposite chair. I blew up. "Dad why? Why would you leave us? Your own daughters! Please, please don't do this!" Tears were streaming down my face, and fast.

 "Dad why? Why would you leave us? Your own daughters! Please, please don't do this!" Tears were streaming down my face, and fast

Dad looked at us sadly

Dad looked at us sadly. "It's not that I don't love you. I just can't stand your mother." Mom looked like she was going to say something, but she decided against it. Ivy jumped in. "And when Mom's gonna have a baby? Dad, why? Why would you do this to the baby?!" Dad sighed again. "I really don't know."

As it turns out, Dad was leaving us to rejoin his old gang, The Dark Stars. After everything was settled, Mom got custody of us. I don't think Dad wanted us because he was worried we might become a Dark Star too. According to him, "They would be a bad influence on us. I don't want you to grow up like me."

"Everything will be okay." At least that's what Mom said.

But the truth? It will never.

........................

Ivy's POV

I was getting a little sister and brother! The sadness of my father leaving was covered by my happiness of getting siblings! Dove and I were excused from school and quickly drove to the hospital, Happy Endings. Yeah, no. Maybe they could give me one. But I highly doubt it.

Dove & I frantically got out of the car, rushing up to the eighth floor. We couldn't get up fast enough. "Ugh, I'm SO nervous!"she exclaimed while listening to her favorite song, Best Day Ever. According to her, it's stress relief. But who cares?

I nodded, feeling pretty nervous myself. "Do you think Dad will be there? I mean, they are his kids,"Dove said, reading my mind. I shrugged, not feeling particularly chatty. She understood, it wasn't really the time to ask questions.

We practically raced down the hallway and stopped at room 812. This is it, I thought. My new siblings. We opened the door together and saw Mom on the bed. She looked terrible, and very sickly. Dad was on a chair with a facial expression that was both grim and joyous. Not exactly how I would want my parents to feel if I was about to be born....

After a while, we welcomed Leah(Leafkit😂)and Richard(Rainkit😛).

They were sooo cute! I smiled fondly at them, whispering under my breath, "I'll take care of you, little ones

They were sooo cute! I smiled fondly at them, whispering under my breath, "I'll take care of you, little ones."

A/N

What did you guys think of this chapter? Plot twist or WHAT?! Sorry for the slow updates, I've been PRETTY busy with my new book, Inside the Outside! Please check it out! It's not about Warrior's though, so maybe you won't read it. That's ok with me👌

Also please check out my other fanfics like Brokenstar's Daughter and The Warrior Princess! Also BIG SHOUTOUT to @flowingpetal @Ryanthomashealy @Maple_Bunny @warriorcatqueen8 and @warriorcats788 for being SOOO supportive of my books! Thanks SO much! Make sure to check out their books too!

Have a YAY WORTHY DAY!😎