Chapter Five-Maybe A Little Crazy

You watched as the small little fox trotted out to the people and after a moment, you watched the mother and daughter immediately flinch. Before you can react, you call out for your little foxy companion.

"Oh oso!!! Where'd you go running off to?"

This immediately caught the attention of the mother and child and you walked over calmly, getting close enough to notice the nervous stature of Oso.

Okay be calm be chill. Think ice, think snow.

"Hey buddy!" You kneel down and pat his head then look to the Mother. "Ah sorry if he surprised you! He's quite friendly though see?" You rub behind your friend's fluffy ear and watch as the child and mother visibly relax at the sight.

"That's quite a nice fox..I've never seen them so friendly." The mother smiles softly.

You nod and glance down to see Osomatsu's tail wagging excitedly.

You figured it'd be nice to show these people that foxes can be good creatures. Besides Osomatsu seemed so lonely and he seemed to come here a lot.

After the mother and child left, just you and Osomatsu remained in the small clearing.

"Y'know Y/n, you didn't have to do that."

Glancing down, you spot Osomatsu with his ears back. Though he didn't look mad.

Oh holy shit.

Ya boii was embarrassed.

"Aww is little foxy greatful?"

"I'm not little!"

"Mmmhmmmm"

It didn't take long for him to poor back into his human form, and he glares at you with a playful smirk.

"See? I'm as big as a man!"

"A little man."

You laugh as Osomatsu gapes at you in shock. He puts a hand to his chest and gasps, pretending to be offended. This action makes you chuckle.

"I cannot believe you're calling me short!"

"What's wrong with that? It's cute-" you close your mouth. You called him cute. Did you really think that? Oh gosh what were you getting yourself into?

Osomatsu doesn't seem to be taken aback by this and he simply laughs cheerfully and nudges you.

"Y'know Y/n, you're a really good person! I don't meet many nice people like you!!"

You feel your face heat up slightly.

"Oh uh well...why wouldn't I be nice? I have no reason to be any other way towards you..."

"Mm well many people aren't too kind..."

Osomatsu's ears droop slightly and he looks towards the ground. This small action makes you frown some with sympathy.

"Hey...you got me at least?" You grin softly at the funny looking man and this causes him to blush.

The fact that you can make this silly man so flustered makes you really happy. You'd hate to admit it but you've really grown close to Osomatsu. Well, he was your only friend at this new home, it's not much of a surprise. Besides you think it's safe to assume that you can trust him, he hasn't done anything to prove otherwise up until this point.

"Y-y/n-chan!!" Osomatsu blushed and lunges forward to wrap you in a confining hug. He buries your face in his chest and you immediately stiffen up, his scent violently filling your nostrils as your face is jammed into his clothes. You remain stiff for a long time before you start to melt into the warmth of this mans body. Something about the warmth and subtle beat of his heart thudding into your ear makes you feel at ease, and your body loosens up enough for you to hug him back and you snuggle your head into his shoulder, your eyes peeking open just enough for you to see his tail happily wagging from behind. Closing your eyes again, you allow yourself to drift into a peaceful slumber as your body rests against Osomatsu's. This awkwardly long hug has turned into something far more affectionate.

-------------

A few hours later you find yourself awaking to the feel of something tickling your nose. Opening your eyes all the way, you wake enough to view the small firefly perched atop your nose. Letting out a gentle 'huff' the small creature flutters off of you and into the night sky, where millions of other fireflies fly around happily. Smiling, you blink in confusion as you look down and feel something soft underneath you. Osomatsu's body lays comfortably under yours and you brush violently as you realize you have fallen asleep on top of him. Osomatsu himself is wide awake though, and his eyes remain half open as they watch you dreamily,  his ears peeking up slightly when you move. A light pink dusts his cheeks and the sight of your flustered face makes a small 'purring' sound emit from his throat. Wait can foxes purr? Or was he growling? Whatever that noise is, you assume it represents a content emotion, because his facial expression is giving off happy vibes.

You on the other hand are flustered as fuck and  can only manage to bite your lip awkwardly and gaze back at the bushy tailed man.  You start to move back a little but are abruptly stopped when two hands grab your wrists and Osomatsu sits up quickly, you in his lap. This new position causes you to blush and immediately look away. Well this became 40% more awkward.

"Y/n-chan you are cute when you sleep~"

"U-uh..." before you can give a proper response (if one is even possible to muster in this sort of situation) Osomatsu leans his head forwards and gently "headbutts" you with his forehead against yours and his ears lay flat against his head. His eyes appear closed as he nuzzles his head against yours and snuggles his head under your chin, making that weird purring sound. He rubs his face against your skin causing you to stiffen.

Okay this is weird what the fuck is he doing.

"Oso."

"Hm?" He purrs

"What're you doing. Foxes don't purr. Oso why."

"I'm not purring, I'm scenting you."

"What."

"Uh.." he embarrassingly pulls his head back and looks away. "I mean hugging..."

"Okay well. Thanks I guess?" You didn't know how to respond to his affection. Granted, it was appreciated as fuck but it was a little odd, maybe even a little crazy.

Still though, he was very sweet.

-----------

Haha hi. Hope this fluff was sufficient
-v-  Christmas break makes my sleep schedule jacked. Makes me want fluffles at 1:00am