Chapter 16: Valentines Day

Felix woke up and looked at the clock, it was 3 AM. Perfect.

Carefully getting up, he put on his shoes and left a note on the table.

Dear Marzia,

If you wake up before I get back, just know I went to the store. See you when I get home.
Love,
Felix

After setting the note down, he headed out the door and got into his car. There was only one supermarket nearby. (stores that sell everything, usually open 24/7. I don't know if they have them in other countries, but just go with it ;)

As he headed in, he went straight for the valentines section. There were pre-made baskets filled with chocolates, body lotion, perfume and trinkets. Felix picked one up and then headed to the floral section.

Picking out 11 red roses, he then chose 1 fake rose to put in with the bouquet.

After he got a card customized, he bought the items and went home.

___________________________

Felix entered the apartment quietly as possible. He got a vase and put the bouquet of flowers into it. Then the basket of gifts sat next the vase on the table. He then set a card next to the flowers that said:

I will love you until the last flower dies

Felix smiled at the thought of the message. It was 100 % truthful.

Felix then started to make breakfast. Marzia's favorite was french toast and bacon. Cooking as quietly as possible, he got lost in his thoughts. He thought about the times that they were in Italy and roaming the park. He thought about the talk that he had with Marzia's dad, and still he vowed to keep his promise.

He even thought about their future. I wonder if she wanted kids? Maybe she didn't, but either way, it was still worth it cause she's perfect.

Felix put the breakfast items on a tray and brought them in to his sleeping girlfriend.

"Wakey, wakey." Felix said as he set the tray on the bed.

"Oh Felix, you shouldn't have."

"No it was my pleasure" Felix said as he planted a kiss on her soft lips.

The two sat in their bed, telling stories and laughing. Felix would always tell a joke every chance he got, and Marzia would always laugh uncontrollably. It was like he put a spell on her.

When it was time to take her dishes to the sink, Felix grinned while Marzia stood there, admiring her presents.

"What is this Felix?" Marzia said, smiling.

"Oh you know, presents. Happy valentines day" he said, hugging her.

Marzia eyes teared up. He did this all for me.

They stayed in the hug for what seemed like years until Felix drew back and let Marzia look through her gifts. Then her eyes went to the note in front of the flowers. As she read it and inspected the flowers, she realized one of the flowers was fake.

She turned to Felix who had a smile on his face. "I love you so much".

___________________________

The rest of the day went as usual. They both edited their weekly videos and cuddle with each other as they watched youtube videos.

At 7 o' clock, Felix had the idea to take a walk in the park with Maya and Marzia. When they arrived, no one was there and it was the perfect temperature to be outside. The two held hands while Felix also held on to the dog's leash. Making small talk, they headed down the path until they came to the park's fountain.

"It's so beautiful." Marzia said.

Felix smiled and turned towards her. "I rather be looking at you."

Felix leaned over and have her a quick kiss before they decided to go home.

___________________________

They arrived home and immediately got into bed. Marzia leaned over to Felix, and cheerily said "will you be my Valentine?"

Felix chuckled "of course, I rather have no one else. You're perfect."

"Felix, can I ask you something?"

"Yea darling, what is it?"

"Well I was wondering if you wanted kids or not." Marzia said shyly.

"Yes, I would love to have kids someday. When we can afford it. You'll be a great mother, I can see it now."

Marzia smiled and closed her eyes. She fell asleep thinking of Felix's words and dreamed of being a mother of beautiful children.