Chapter Two - Travelling

When me and my brother make it to the train, we wave goodbye to the crowd. But really, it's meant for our mother and our two sisters. Not Bridgewater.

The train door shuts behind me, with a click that signals the sounds of a lock, and from now on, we're trapped. I begin to feel a little claustrophobic, but it's not long before Jason is at my side, holding me tightly. Reassuring me that's everything is going to be okay. How can he ensure safety for me, when I will be making sure that he comes out of that arena alive?

I throw Jason off of me and follow an Avox to my room. A huge king-size bed awaits me, with red silk covers embroidered with a floral pattern. Following the theme, is a fluffy red rug on the laminate flooring and red roses all over the wallpaper. To my right there is also an on suite bathroom, which from what I can see is completely red. I strip myself into my birthday suit and climb into bed, throw the duvet over me, and try to think about how I can get Jason out of the arena live. He's my only brother. I know that he is going to want to keep me alive but, I have to do everything possible to keep him alive.

I slowly doze off into a nap before I'm being called by Jason for dinner. It's only three-thirty. A bit early for dinner? I throw a white soft robe over me and some socks, and head down to the dining cart.

Waiting for me is, my brother, two men and a woman, and the dining table full of food. I sit next to my brother and he talks to the brunette woman across from him.

"So, what's the schedule for tomorrow?" He asks her, he seems quite friendly. He's always better at the talking than I ever was.

"We will be arriving at the Capitol at noon, and from there you guys to be transported underground and straight into the Training Centre where you can begin training at any time you like." She replies, smiling with her pearly white teeth glistening.

"Once we hit the tribute's Training Centre, I will be taking you down into the training hall and showing you the ropes of a few things." Speaks the man with green eyes, and golden glittery hair.

"Excuse my manners, but who are you guys exactly?" I ask, desperately trying to not be rude.

The woman looks at me and smiles, before saying "I am your escort, and these two wonderful men are your mentors."

Escorts and mentors? We shouldn't have any mentors let alone an escort.

"Mentors? Escort?" I gasp.

"President Joiner thought your bravery was outstanding and has given you two mentors, courtesy of the capitol." Says the other male with brunette hair, blue eyes and a pigs' nose.

"Okay, that doesn't explain the escort part?"

"Jasmine, Helena is our escort. Every district has an escort but it's just kept away from the districts because people don't really like anybody from the capitol in their hometown. Would you?" My brother says, very sarcastically.

"No, and the mentors just gives us a target on our heads. The other twenty-two tributes are going to be jealous. Especially the careers. They have mentors from their districts, but no special attention like us. President Joiner just wants to turn us into a spit roast." I reply aggressively, not intentionally but I have already been given unwanted attention and a target on my head.

I take a plate of food and walk out immediately. I hear my brother calling my name but I ignore him, and his footsteps are not far behind mine when a hand grabs onto my arm. I throw my plate to the ground and yank away from Jason. As soon as I enter my bedroom, I slam the door and lock it behind me. Run a bath, strip naked and soak for the next three hours. Every now and then, I can hear someone knocking on the door, calling my name. It sounds like the glitter guy but I still ignore it.