Chapter Twelve - Home II

The train ride home was lonely. Jason wasn't with me and Lukas had just taken his own life to save mine. Debts I will never be able to repay. Katherine is also gone, but somehow I do not remember the unfortunate event occurred. I do, however, remember Aaron's fate, and that's a subject I will not be touching today.

Helena continuously expresses how proud she is of having a winner in her care and it being the first female winner since the Hunger Games returned. But, I am not bothered of the fame or that I had made history for my district because what I am really concerned with now is, giving Jason a send-off he deserves and giving Ella and Ellie the biggest hug I have ever given. Also, I want to help my mother get through the pain she will be suffering from losing her only son. One that she will dearly miss for the rest of her life, we all will.

I make it back to Bridgewater and people are screaming my name. Okay, that's an understatement. They are going crazy. So many emotions are running through my veins right now and I begin to feel overwhelmed. My eyes search through the crowds to find my family and when I find them, I feel relieved. 

I have never been so happy to see my mother in my life. Ellie and Ella are waving at me from my mother's arms, how she got the strength to carry them is beyond my non-existent intelligence.

The doors to train open and there is a blue carpet with rope fencing, keeping me from the crowd. My family is waiting for me at the other end of the walkway. 

My feet picked up from the ground and before I knew it, I was walking towards them. Slowly, the pace picks up and I'm running. Ellie and Ella run towards me, they tackle me to the ground and I hug them tightly. Then my mother joins us places her lips on my cheek.

Mother had made us fish cake pie, one of mine and Jason's. She tells me how proud of me she is, and how she'll love me. However, I know she is in pain and is missing Jason. I comfort her but she tells me she's fine. I love her.

That's where it ended. For now at least.

But the rest of to story is for another day, for now, get some sleep and we'll continue tomorrow.

Goodbye, my dear diary.

Jasmine Andrews.