Chapter Five - Lukas

I continue running in this same direction in which I think my allies should be. If I find them, they're going to be annoyed. I didn't follow the plan. I wouldn't be surprised if I have run the wrong way and I'm lost. No, I am lost. I am buried inside the tree lining. Lying down, underneath some bushes and shrubs just staring at the sea blue sky.

If I roll over to my left onto my side I can see the cornucopia and three tributes. Two boys and a girl. It's the girl I previously fought with. She's limping. The knife that I forced into her leg must've caused some damage.

Footsteps come from behind me and I can hear my name being called. It's Lukas' voice.

"Jasmine?" Lukas calls again.

I freeze for a few seconds before calling back.

"Lukas? Lukas is that you?" I scream.

The footsteps sound as if they are speeding up and getting closer. I pull myself to a position where I am standing on my two feet. In the distance, I can see a small tiny boy. It has to be Lukas.

Lukas makes his way to me and throws his arms around me.

"Where are the others?" He asks.

"I don't know. I'm sorry!" I reply with a smile.

Lukas jolts a little before dropping to the floor. There is blood everywhere. I'm confused. What's going on?

"Lukas?" I say, a single tear rolling down my cheek. I drop to my knees and notice a knife lodge into his back. I take it out and place it next to me.

I place his head onto my lap and place a kiss on his forehead. He wasn't much, but he was help in getting Jason home. Every minute I spend waiting here with Lukas, more tears fall from my eyes.

I notice he has a backpack. I remove it from his shoulders and place his head back onto my lap.

Inside he has bandages, a small pocket knife and a water skin.

Now I must leave this area because the Gamemakes are going to want to take Lukas' body and ship it back to his family to lay him to rest.

I take the supplies in the backpack he had and place them into mine, place a kiss on his cheek and slowly walk away.

A few miles north, I nestle into a high tree. It's late at night and the dead tributes are being displayed in the sky now. This is where I find out whether my brother and Katherine have been murdered.

I never looked around to see who had killed Lukas but because I was so close to the tree lining, the career tributes could've heard him calling for me. Maybe they are saving me for later time. Well, I say good luck to them.

Seven tributes have passed away today. My brother and Katherine are not included. Neither is Lukas. He must still be alive. I didn't hear a cannon but I also wasn't paying attention. What if he has gotten up from the floor and is walking around the arena alone? What if the careers find him? What if they have already found him and are black-mailing him?

"LUKAS?"

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I am so sorry for not updating my story in such a long time, but I am back and I am trying to get a part up once every two weeks.  So, because of not uploading in such a long time here's a small part all about Lukas. Is he going to be okay?