Chapter Three - Alliances

"Jason, what did he say to you?" Katherine asks. I'm glad she did, because I want to know too.

"Oh him? Nothing. Nothing worth repeating." Jason replies, laughing.

"Jason!" I shout, slamming my fist onto the dinner table.

Jason jolts up and laughs at me. But any piece of information could help me keep him alive.

"He wants to be our ally but is a little scared to ask in front of you all." Jason explains, plainly.

Well if that was all I don't understand why he couldn't have just said that in the first place. I have no problem having another ally, it just gives me more of a chance keeping my brother alive and well.

We head back to the training area, I try out some archery and turns out, I have a good shot. Jason carries on working on his spearing technique and Katherine is teaching Lukas to throw some knives. He's so small, I would be so surprised if he makes it out of the cornucopia bloodbath.

The girls from the career pack come over to me at the archery station and snatch he bow out of my hand. Immediately I react, and explain there are two other bows waiting on lanes two, and three.

"Well, we want lanes one and two after our District." Laughs the girl from Two. The ginger girl from One just giggles.

"Well, I'm using this lane. So if you don't mind." I retaliate.

"Well, if you don't mind me slitting yours and your brother throats in the arena, I would move now." The girl from two says, aggressively getting in my face.

I walk away. Not wanting to make any early enemies. I would like to keep my brother and myself alive until the end.

Jason and Katherine come running over to me, and the career boys flaunt over the girls.

"What did they just say to you?" Jason nags.

"They just wanted to use my lane." I reply, hugging him tightly.

It's the next day and we're back in the training area. We've had a decent breakfast and I've learnt how to make a bow and arrows. Also, spears are quite easy to make. So if we run low on spears or arrows, or I don't have a bow, I can quickly create one.

Katherine and Jason are going over some survival skills. What is eatable and what's not. Meanwhile, me and Lukas are working together on making a trident. Lukas says he's good at catching fish and he does it for his family. So I thought he could teach me how to make one. He has also volunteered to be the food collector of our group but I insist on not leaving him alone, ever.

I look over to make sure my other two allies are okay, and I see the boy from eight over with them again. All three of them are laughing at me, and taking quick glances at me. I turn away and give my full attention onto Lukas.

Before I can even ask questions about what I missed whilst looking away, the broad boy from One has grabbed Lukas by the arm.

"What's that their little boy?" He asks.

"I-It's a trident." Lukas says, beginning to shake.

"Hey, there's no need to be scared. What's your name little buddy?" Asks the boy from One as I watch their conversation.

"Lukas."

"Well, Lukas, my name is Nathaniel and I'm seven-teen years old." He smiles, "how old are you?"

"I am twelve." Lukas smiles, beginning to like Nathaniel.

"Interesting." Nathan replies.

Instantly, I know what he's trying to do. He's getting to know about Lukas, whether he will be easy kill or a predator. Seriously, the size of Lukas, he's a threat to nobody.