Chapter 3

Zoë's POV

Tommy and I waltzed into tutor like we do every weekday. Our tutor despised the fact we dawdled from the parking lot, to our lockers, to the classroom.
"Oddly you two are partially on time today." Mr Phelps scoffed.
"Well it is our birthday." Tommy and I stated in unison.
"Thank you for that little anecdote. Now Mr Jospeh, Miss Dun please take your seats."
We made our way to the back of the room and dropped down into our chairs. I pulled a small whiskey flask out of my bag; I looked up at Tommy and signalled the flask to him. He smiled and nodded. After I took a small sip of the Malibu and vodka 'cocktail' I made I handed him the contraband.
"What is that Mr Joseph!?" Mr Phelps boomed. I sucked in a large amount of air as he made his way over to Tommy and I.
"It's mine." I squeaked.
"No it's mine." Tommy admitted.
"Both of you to the principles office now!" The three headed demon ordered.
We slumped to the our final resting place. After nearly 20 minutes of Mr Phelps ranting about us both to Mrs Geller she appeared in the hallway.
"Thomas, Zoë if you would make your way to my office." We stood up and hung our heads guiltily as we made our way to the daunting room.
"Can somebody tell me what has happened here?" She asked, holding my dads flask in front of me.
"Uh."
"Just as I thought. I'm going to have to call your parents."
Neither of us spoke a word.

Our parents arrived and all looked quite flustered. My dad looked so angry, mum just looked disappointed. We were hurried through the corridors and to our parents cars. My dad drove mine back to the house.
The drive back with my mum was silent.
When we finally got home I was sat down in the living room; they paced back and forth in front of me.
"Seriously Zoë?" My mum finally said.
"I'm sorry." I breathed.
"Sorry isn't going to fix it! How stupid can you be!?" My dad screamed. I had never seen him get so angry.
The room was spinning, my chest was tight, my throats was on fire, my airways started closing up.

"Zoë? What's happening?" My mums muffled voice spoke frantically.
"She's having a panic attack." My dad stated more calmly.
My dad lifted me to my bedroom and laid me on my bed. He ordered me to hold my breath. I did as he said. Everything slowly went back to normal and I felt a lot better.
"Wh-What was that?" I sobbed.
"You had a panic attack sweetie." My mum spoke softly.
"What's th-that?"
"Well it's something you get when you're feel uncomfortable in a certain situation and you feel like you can't control it." My dad explained.
"O-Okay."
"Just get some rest. Drink some water, have an asprin and try to stay calm."
"I-I'm Sorry." I sniffled.
"It's fine, just don't ever do it again."
"I P-promise."