Chapter 15

I said goodbye to Thomas and we were on our way to our new home. We had to sell our cars because we wouldn't be able to drive them in England. I'm also not old enough to drive in England so I have to wait until I'm 17.. but the legal drinking age is 18 so that's a win.

It took me ages to unpack my stuff. I think I had the most stuff out of the whole family.
My mum made me go to a youth club with Neve so Jackson could have time to calm down and we could be some people in the area. I wore what I normally would wear but a lot of the people there didn't approve of my quirky fashion. A boy came over to Neve and I. He had dusty blonde hair, crystal blue eyes and a smile that could take over the world.
"Hey." He said with his soft British accent.
"Hi." I replied nervously.
"Oh you're American. What state?"
"Ohio. Columbus, Ohio." I smiled goofily.
"My grandfather is from Ohio."
"Oh cool."
The conversation went on as my sister watched quietly. Once I had realised she was still sat with us I tried to say goodbye so I could put my focus back on finding friends for her.
"Sorry what's your name?" The gorgeous Brit asked.
"Oh Zoë Dun. What's your name?"
"Charles Rolls."
"Wait like the guy who created Rolls Royce cars?" Neve scoffed.
"Yes I was named after my great great great great grandfather. And actually Charles Rolls was the co-founder of Rolls Royce his partner was Henry Royce."
"I thought your grandfather was from Ohio when Charles Rolls is from London."
"Charles Rolls is from my dad's side and my grandfather from Ohio is on my mum's dad."
"Okay just checking." Neve spat. She clearly didn't like Charles.
"Can you excuse us." I said politely and pulled Neve to the side.
"What is wrong with you?" I asked through gritted teeth.
"Hey you remember Thomas? You know your boyfriend, best friend and father of your first child."
"How dare you bring that up. Of course I remember Tommy am I not allowed to make new friends?"
"Not like that." After that Neve stormed off and I was left on my own. Some girls came up to me and we all started talking. They're really nice.