Dauntless: I Can't Stop

Camille was driving me insane.

If she wasn't pissing off the superiors with that big mouth it hers, she was pissing me off.

Probably one of the reasons I couldn't stop thinking about her.

Sure, we lived together, we were officially a couple, have been for a while. No one made the mistake of thinking she was single anymore, I'd made it clear on that point.

She was mine.

Even when I didn't want her.

I sighed, watching as the newest batch of initiates ran around. I was starting to feel like it was all I did, train damned initiates, see if they were worthy enough for my faction.

I had better things to do with my time.

"Move that ass, ginger! Don't think I'm not watching!"

My lips twitched as Camille shouted at them, scowling with her hands on those shapely hips.

She enjoyed training them, it was obvious. No one could say the initiates she trained weren't always the best, didn't ace their tests. She was hard on them, but she cared, too.

She wouldn't admit that though.

She pretended to hate everyone, and she was very convincing of it too.

But I knew her better.

I knew her better then anyone.

It helped that we'd been through some shit together, getting shot for each other tends to bring people closer together.

In our case, anyway.

"You can stop leering at me, asshole."

My eyes flicked to Camilles face shamelessly.

"When someone has something worth viewing, there's nothing wrong with taking a look," I informed her, smirking. She scoffed at me, rolling her eyes as she turned away from me.

"Don't be a prick."

"I'll wait till later tonight then."

Heh.

Camille flushed, glancing at me over her shoulder.

She didn't have a retort this time.

It was refreshing not to have her bitch back for once.

"So, what's the plan tonight? Any field trips for the kids?" I asked, leaning back in my chair. I propped my feet up on the table, knowing it irritated her.

"No, I didn't intend on it. You just took them to the wall the other day." She looked annoyed, good. "Why? Trying to get rid of me so your girlfriend can come over?"

"Maybe. She's a nice piece of ass, loud in bed though."

"Do you guys have to discuss this with the children around?"

We both glanced over, and I frowned as I recognized Harrison, one of the higher ups.

"It's not like they can hear us, they're busy," Camille retorted; she and Harrison were apparently friends enough where she felt comfortable enough you be her bitchy self. "And who cares if they did?"

"I wasn't aware you're both ready to be so open about your relationship."

"Harrison, it's been a few years now. if it's not obvious we're together, then someone's an idiot." She rolled her dark eyes.

"And to think, you both tried so hard in the beginning to pretend you hated each other."

"We do hate each other," I say, arching one pierced brow at the old man. "We just show it to each other in different ways now."