Chapter 17- Tears amd surprises

Since when did I invite them?

I didn't.

So what are they doing here? Are they trying to ruin my birthday? They can't just come here and act as if nothing happened.

I walk past Isaac and practically charge like a raging bull towards them, "what the hell are you doing here?" I spit.

"We wanted to say happy birthday," mum says softly, I shake my head.

I'm not going to let them ruin this amazing day so far, they can't do this.

"Mother, you can't do this. That bastard said he doesn't love me and now you're coming into my birthday party," I exclaim throwing my hands up in the air in exasperation.

"I know Claudia, but I didn't do anything," I look at her in disbelief.

"You let him say those words to me, you let him sell me off! YOU LET HIM DO SO MANY THINGS!"

"Claudia," 'dad' warns, I scowl at him.

"This is not your house so get out, the both of you," I point to the door, they stay still. "I SAID GET OUT!" I scream, my breathing ragged.

A hand grabs my arm and my lips wobble as a tear falls from my eye, I turn to the person who grabbed me and hug him tightly.

I need some sort of comfort, I want to be numb. A salty tear falls on my lip and I keep my eyes closed.

"I suggest you both get out," the voice grumbles, rage hidden behind his calm demeanour.

"Isaac she is our daughter," my so called father says.

"Mike, it's mr Miller to you. Get out before I force you out myself," Isaac spits, his arms enclosing around my waist.

If they want me in their life, they'll put me there. I shouldn't have to fight for a spot in their lives.

"FINE," he snaps at Isaac, I hear the sound of feet walking away but I keep my head in Zac's chest.

"Are you okay?" He whispers, I shake my head.

"No," I whisper.

He sighs deeply, I don't let go. If anything, I tighten my arms around his waist most likely squeezing the life out of him.

"C'mon let's go upstairs to get you freshened up," he whispers into my ear, I shiver.

"I don't want anyone to see that I'm crying," I slowly look up at him, I can imagine my red blotchy cheeks and puffy eyes.

But he doesn't say anything, he smiles softly. "Okay stand beside me, wrap your arms around my waist like we're playing around and press your head to my chest or wherever you reach," I bite my lip and nod at his idea.